Old October 27th 05, 02:51 AM
Jake

Default Suggestion for the group

Let me start off by saying:

I have very strong political beliefs. I am guilty of responding to
politcally heated debates in this forum. Trust me, there are some people on
this forum I would dearly love to choke the life out of. Which side I'm on
is really unimportant. There are plenty of political discussion groups which
are the proper place for these political discussions.

There is one particular non-shortwave topic (a post only three days old) "It
could happen here" which I just counted had over 60 posts whereas some
really interesting shortwave posts have drawn only two or three posts. I
wonder what someone trying to get into the shortwave hobby would think?

I am not trying to control anybody or the group it's just a suggestion.
Those 60 posts previously mentioned could have been 60 new posts about the
Eton E1, a Drake, a new found frequency or even a new type of antenna.

Can we stop the name calling/fingerpointing and talk about shortwave? That's
why I come here.

Old October 27th 05, 05:59 AM
Koikus

Jake, I couldn't agree with you more. Some of us get way off the
intended purpose/subject of this group at times. Please, let's listen
to what Jake is saying here and at least TRY to focus our attention on
some subjects that actually belong in this group. Some of what I have
read here in the past 3 months would pretty much convince me NOT to
even consider radio as a hobby if I was considering it at the time.
There's many newcomers to the hobby that like to check out the various
sites/groups in order to learn more about becoming a decent radio
hobbyist. I just think back to when I was first trying to learn about
the radio hobby. I always appreciated facts and experiences related to
the hobby and definitely not political commentaries and or personal
insults. I could then, and can now, get way more than enough of the
latter two to last me a good long while via other sources. Thanks,
Jake, for saying/typing what I have wanted to say for a while now.

Old October 27th 05, 06:26 AM
Koikus

Addendum: I am very guilty of getting off track too...I meant to type
that in my last post....
sorry.

Old October 27th 05, 06:50 AM
RHF

Jake - Ok you get DaviD to Stop the Daily Off-Topic Postings
and you will automatically eliminate 90% of my OTRs ~ RHF
Old October 27th 05, 07:04 AM
Koikus

Here's a novel thought:
What if nobody would respond to the off-topic comments? There's at
least 50% of the drivel eliminated right there. Let the off-topic
people just type/talk to themselves. I generally don't give the
"out-there" commentators the satisfaction of a real reply nor will I in
the future.

Old October 27th 05, 07:13 AM
RHF

KoiKus - The same challenge applies to you as to Jake.

KoiKus - Ok you get DaviD to Stop the Daily Off-Topic Postings
and you will automatically eliminate 90% of my OTRs ~ RHF
Old October 28th 05, 01:26 AM
Telamon

In article .com,
"Koikus" wrote:

Here's a novel thought: What if nobody would respond to the off-topic
comments? There's at least 50% of the drivel eliminated right there.
Let the off-topic people just type/talk to themselves. I generally
don't give the "out-there" commentators the satisfaction of a real
reply nor will I in the future.

I've been asking for that for years so you can forget it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 28th 05, 02:02 AM
Koikus

Default It Begins with an (OT) or OT at the Start of the Subject Line [Was: Suggestion for the Group]

RHF:
Right now I am laughing really hard...thanks for your explanation of
the OT. I obviously was too dense to understand what that meant....I
LOVE IT. Have a great night cause you just made mine better.

Old October 30th 05, 01:39 AM
m II

-=jd=- wrote:

Except DxAce has not (in recent memory) started any OT threads. I can't
recall him ever starting an OT thread. But he certainly has frustrated the
eternal crud out of practically all of the trolls who *do* start OT
threads...

What universe do you live in? Name calling and insults by the Ass have
done nothing of the sort. He's merely shown just how immature and
childish he is. The lack of any social skills whatever serves to
embarrass him.

His only redeeming features, to set him apart from his bedfellows, have
been his apparent abstinence from necrophilia and bestiality. His love
of war crimes, totalitarian governments and alcohol abuse seem to be a
constant concern, however.

mike
Old October 30th 05, 01:59 AM
dxAce

m II wrote:

-=jd=- wrote:

Except DxAce has not (in recent memory) started any OT threads. I can't
recall him ever starting an OT thread. But he certainly has frustrated the
eternal crud out of practically all of the trolls who *do* start OT
threads...

What universe do you live in? Name calling and insults by the Ass have
done nothing of the sort. He's merely shown just how immature and
childish he is. The lack of any social skills whatever serves to
embarrass him.

His only redeeming features, to set him apart from his bedfellows, have
been his apparent abstinence from necrophilia and bestiality. His love
of war crimes, totalitarian governments and alcohol abuse seem to be a
constant concern, however.

Stuff whatever you are used to stuffing up it on a Saturday night (GMT Sunday
morning), you stupid 'tard Canuck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA