Old October 30th 05, 01:25 AM
SR

Default Help with Netscape 7.2

I use this program to download my email newsgroups. This folder is
getting large.

How do I delete messages of newsgroups?

Thank you.

SR
Old October 30th 05, 01:59 AM
m II

SR wrote:

I use this program to download my email newsgroups. This folder is
getting large.

How do I delete messages of newsgroups?

One way is to 'unsubscribe' from a group by right clicking on the name
in the group window, then re-subscribe and limit the amount of message
headers downloaded.

mike
Old November 1st 05, 05:17 AM
SR

Ok thanks, I will try that.

SR

m II wrote:
SR wrote:

How do I delete messages of newsgroups?

...another way is to go to 'Edit' in the top row of the mail/news
program, then go down to the 'Mail/Newsgroup' settings. There you should
see a 'disc space' setting. You can set the amount of days the read
messages are kept on your hard drive before being deleted.

If there are any messages you WANT to keep forever, left mouse button
drag the header from the subject display window over to a directory in
the 'Folders' window. You can make a new directory or use the 'INBOX'
one already there.

mike

K9 email filter John Smith CB 6 April 28th 05 07:36 PM
Mozilla vs. Netscape ? Al Patrick Shortwave 2 January 2nd 05 07:43 PM
BAMA Ftp Site Unavailable? Jim Flanagan Boatanchors 23 January 3rd 04 06:21 PM
Netscape Charlie Fatsosteak Shortwave 25 August 27th 03 05:15 PM