Old November 3rd 05, 10:04 AM
RHF

Default 2006 - Passport to World Band Radio + World Radio TV Handbook = Better Together !

For One and All,

Passport to World Band Radio - New 2006 Edition
(Passport to World Band Radio) (Paperback)
- by Lawrence Magne
PTWBR = http://tinyurl.com/9xo2e
List Price: $22.95
- - - Amazon Price: $15.61
and eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25

World Radio TV Handbook - New 2006 Edition
(World Radio TV Handbook) (Paperback)
- by WRTVH Editors
WRTVH = http://tinyurl.com/dfhzz
List Price: $29.95
- - - Amazon Price: $19.77
and eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25

* * * BETTER TOGETHER * * *
Buy these Books Together [Buy Both Now !] Button is located
in the Left-Bottom Area of the First Frame of this WebPage.

Passport to World Band Radio - New 2006 Edition
+ + + + + + PLUS + + + + + +
World Radio TV Handbook - New 2006 Edition
(Total List Price: $52.90
- - - Amazom Buy Together Today: $35.38

that's all folks ~ RHF
Old November 3rd 05, 06:38 PM
John S.

RHF wrote:
For One and All,

Passport to World Band Radio - New 2006 Edition
(Passport to World Band Radio) (Paperback)
- by Lawrence Magne
PTWBR = http://tinyurl.com/9xo2e
List Price: $22.95
- - - Amazon Price: $15.61
and eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25

World Radio TV Handbook - New 2006 Edition
(World Radio TV Handbook) (Paperback)
- by WRTVH Editors
WRTVH = http://tinyurl.com/dfhzz
List Price: $29.95
- - - Amazon Price: $19.77
and eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25

* * * BETTER TOGETHER * * *
Buy these Books Together [Buy Both Now !] Button is located
in the Left-Bottom Area of the First Frame of this WebPage.

Passport to World Band Radio - New 2006 Edition
+ + + + + + PLUS + + + + + +
World Radio TV Handbook - New 2006 Edition
(Total List Price: $52.90
- - - Amazom Buy Together Today: $35.38

that's all folks ~ RHF

That's an amazing price for two valuable listening resources. And yes
the Super Saving shipping is a good deal, but you have to remember
toask for it - Amazon doesn't default to it as I found out last month.

I remember driving to the local radio store to buy those books at full
retail. How times have changed since that local radio store
closed......

Old November 3rd 05, 07:58 PM
RHF

Default "Local" Walk-in-Electronic-Stores ? ? ?

John S.,

The only "Local" Walk-in-Electronic-Store that
is left in the SF East Bay Area that I know of is :

Al Lasher's Electronics - Berkekey
http://www.allashers.com/index.htm

Are there any other 'local' Stores still out there
like Al Lasher's in Berkeley ? ? ? ? ?

The Ham Radio Outlet in Oakland is part of a Chain.
http://www.hamradio.com/web/stores.html

Then there is RadioShack )
http://www.radioshack.com/Locator/Locator.asp?
But I don't ever remember seeing a
Passport to World Band Radio -or-
World Radio TV Handbook there ever.

~ RHF
Old November 3rd 05, 10:09 PM

RHF wrote:
The only "Local" Walk-in-Electronic-Store that
is left in the SF East Bay Area that I know of is :

Al Lasher's Electronics - Berkekey

You could try Mike Quinn Electronics in San Leandro:

http://www.mikequinnelectronics.com/

Old November 3rd 05, 10:27 PM

RHF wrote:
The only "Local" Walk-in-Electronic-Store that
is left in the SF East Bay Area that I know of is :

How about Mike Quinn Electronics in San Leandro?

http://www.mikequinnelectronics.com/

Old November 3rd 05, 11:38 PM

How about them Spy supply stores?

Through The Wall Audio Surveillance. www.cryptome.org/index.html
cuhulin

Old November 3rd 05, 11:48 PM

There used to be a Military Surplus store on Pearl Street in beautifull
down town Jackson many years ago.There is an Army Surplus store in
beautifull Pearl,Mississippi just across the Pearl River from
Jackson.The guy and his wife have a little poodle doggy that will bark
at you when you walk in the door.I once bought a pair of white Micky
Mouse boots (I still have those boots too) at that store.Those Army
boots are too heavy and clumsy to wear when I am driving my van or my
car,they get in the way of the pedals too much.
cuhulin

Old November 4th 05, 03:20 AM

On 3 Nov 2005 14:09:06 -0800, wrote:

RHF wrote:
The only "Local" Walk-in-Electronic-Store that
is left in the SF East Bay Area that I know of is :

Al Lasher's Electronics - Berkekey

You could try Mike Quinn Electronics in San Leandro:

http://www.mikequinnelectronics.com/

Or All Electric on Fourth St. in San Rafael. It used to be one
of the shops on Market St. (near Van Ness) in SF in the fiftiesbefore
it moved up there. I walked in one day a few years back and said it
reminded me of the place I used to go when I was a kid. The clerk
pointed me to the newspaper picture of the original store in SF.

You can also walk into Jameco's shop off 101 in Belmont.

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM
193 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (01-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 2 April 3rd 04 06:54 AM