Old November 19th 05, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill

Default PassPort 2006 ?

I just bought this and noticed all the Eaton and E1 ads. I counted 18 plus
the review. Gee talk about overkill.

--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Basement
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/6.htm

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

Old November 19th 05, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Brian Hill wrote:
I just bought this and noticed all the Eaton and E1 ads. I counted 18 plus
the review. Gee talk about overkill.

--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Basement
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/6.htm

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

I noticed that last year too. That Eton continues to be the shortwave
radio advertiser in PWBR says a lot about how this hobby has shrunk.
It also makes me wonder how they can give an independent opinion about
Eton products given that most of their ad revenue comes from Eton.

Old November 19th 05, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Hill

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Hill wrote:
I just bought this and noticed all the Eaton and E1 ads. I counted 18
plus
the review. Gee talk about overkill.

--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Basement
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/6.htm

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

I noticed that last year too. That Eton continues to be the shortwave
radio advertiser in PWBR says a lot about how this hobby has shrunk.
It also makes me wonder how they can give an independent opinion about
Eton products given that most of their ad revenue comes from Eton.

I agree.

BH

Old November 19th 05, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:00:21 -0600, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

I just bought this and noticed all the Eaton and E1 ads. I counted 18 plus
the review. Gee talk about overkill.

That means they'll be giving them away at the CES this January.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Old November 19th 05, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yes, that's a good question, isn't it? I know the Monitoring Times
reveiw of the E1, although it was postive, was nowhere near as positive
as the one in Passport.

Old November 20th 05, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
GP

6. Eric F. Richards
Nov 20, 12:48 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
From: Eric F. Richards - Find messages by this author

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:48:31 -0700
Subject: PassPort 2006 ?
original | Report Abuse

Get a clue and *read* what "Passports Choice" means -- it means one of
the reviewers bought one for their own use.

Maybe the reviewer(s) like a throwaway radio every now and then, too?
You know, the kind of radio you can afford to lose?

Yeah whatever...Maybe you should buy some glasses and read what
passport choice really means...Its there teams personal pick or as they
put it "the la creme de la creme' of radios...The S350 is junk and at a
cost of $100 its the biggest ripoff out there for a radio...

Old November 20th 05, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

GP wrote:
You know who is pulling the strings at PWBR when they give the S350 2
1/4 stars and a passports choice award...I mean who can take them
seriously when they can rate a toy radio with a editors choice stamp of
approval...

I'm at a loss on that one too. But other than other S-350 radios there
isn't much to compare it too. It's easy to be rated number one when
there is only one radio mad in that class!!!

Old November 20th 05, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
I Love LA

On 19 Nov 2005 17:16:45 -0800, "GP" wrote:

You know who is pulling the strings at PWBR when they give the S350 2
1/4 stars and a passports choice award...I mean who can take them
seriously when they can rate a toy radio with a editors choice stamp of
approval...

I own the S350 DL (new improved version of the S350) and find it to be
an excellent radio. I prefer it to my Sony 7600G, YB400 or my DX398.
Old November 21st 05, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Hill wrote:
I just bought this and noticed all the Eaton and E1 ads. I

counted 18
plus
the review. Gee talk about overkill.

--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Basement
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/6.htm

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

I noticed that last year too. That Eton continues to be the

shortwave
radio advertiser in PWBR says a lot about how this hobby has

shrunk.
It also makes me wonder how they can give an independent opinion

about
Eton products given that most of their ad revenue comes from Eton.

I agree.

They had no problem ripping the S350 a new one
for shortwave performance. About the only good
thing they said about it was that it had good sound.

--Mike L.

Old November 21st 05, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Michael Lawson wrote:
"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Hill wrote:
[...]

Designating the 350 Editors Choice isn't exactly comparable to having a
new hole ripped in ones posterior.