Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 20th 05, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lucifigus

Default Longwave Reception - Northeast ??

Does anybody along the eastern seaboard regularly receive longwave
broadcasts from Europe? If so, with what antenna? I keep thinking
that from Nova Scotia, I should be able to get the odd station from
time to time, but I never have. I use a Lowe 225E with a 13 meter
random wire, grounded with a unun and coax feed into my third floor
flat.

I have been thinking of purchasing the Wellbrook LFL 1010 which is
apparently optimized for long and medium wave. There seems to be a
lack of any reference to this antenna. Does anyone have any knowledge
or experience with this or other commercially available loops for
longwave reception?

Gary Weber
Halifax, NS