Old December 9th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roger

Default Sony 2010 problem

Hi all, I have just noticed that on my 2010, the telescopic antenna is not
functioning correctly, till now I have been using the AM jack at the side.
It will pick up strong FM stations, but hardly anything at all audible on
am/sw.
I took the back of cleaned the connectors, they seem fine.
It works brilliant on the AM jack,
Any ideas
cheers
Roger

Old December 9th 05, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Roger,

IIRC the Sony ICF-2010 has separate RF Pre-Amplifier FETs
for the Whip Antenna and the External Antenna Input.
- - - Everyone I could be wrong - Someone Correct me if I am . . .

Usually it is the External Antenna Input FET that gets Blown
and needs to be replaced. Maybe you have a Blown Whip
Antenna FET ? ? ?

just an idea ~ RHF
Old December 9th 05, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roger

Hi thanks for that Chuck, I shall do that
much appreciated
Roger

"KA6UUP" wrote in message
Roger,
Join the 2010 yahoo group. Lots of info and pictures are available to
repair this problem. There are also a couple of dependable repair persons
there.
73,
Chuck

Old December 10th 05, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

The Sony ICF-2010 was my primary radio from 1988 to 1991. I always
found its perforamance to be far far better with the length of supplied
wire plugged into the external antenna jack than with the whip. In
fact, I always found my '2010 to be a tad deaf off the whip alone.

While I don't know what applications you're wanting to use this radio
for, if you're using it primarly at home, you're better off using
something other than the whip anyway.

Sorry to hear that you've had this problem with your newly acquired
'2010, Roger. That ATS-909 you were asking about in the other
thread...well, as an owner/user of both, I would say that
performance-wise, the '909 is no '2010.

If the whip is the only problem you've got goin on that '2010, you've
still got a far better receiver than the '909, in my opinion.

Best,

Junius

Sony 2010 system for sale mike maghakian Swap 1 October 12th 04 05:17 AM
Sony SW55 - SSB problem g8tzl Shortwave 4 September 11th 04 03:22 PM
Sony 2010 help please Rob R. Shortwave 6 February 4th 04 11:45 PM
How much should I pay for a new sony 2010? tlin Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:01 AM
$135 Sony 7600GR or $370 Grundig 800 or used $210 Sony 2010 Rambler Shortwave 7 October 15th 03 12:14 PM