Old December 19th 05, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Hatfield

Default Six station C cell recharger?

I have a mint Grundig Satillit 400 (no its not a Yacht Boy).

Which runs on six C cells.

I would like to find a recharger that will charge six C cells all at
once.

Well, I could buy two Rayovac rechargers (each of which can charge up
to four C cells all at once),

And I could then recharge two sets of three cells at the same time.

But I'm afraid that one recharger might charge up three cells to a
slightly higher voltage than the other charger does its three cells.

And that might well cause serious overheating of 3 cells when playing
the radio

Even damage the Satillit?

Hopefully somebody sells a six station C cell recharger?

Old December 20th 05, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lucky

Hi

I bought a 8 way AA AAA battery recharger on Ebay for like $15. You have to
do a search for them on Ebay. Here is one. Looks like it does 4-6 batteries.
I think 4 only though. I would FIRST write the guy and ask plenty of
questions about it. He says it does NICD batteries and that's about it but
it recharges many types. They charge a little for the item to avoid Ebay
fees and charge all their profits in the shipping costs. Here's one I found.

http://tinyurl.com/d9kpq

Here's another that looks good to me.
Just ask the seller how many it can do at once. Good luck and happy
holidays.

http://tinyurl.com/7jb6z

Bye Lucky

ups.com...

Old December 20th 05, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bo Williams

Hatfield wrote:
I have a mint Grundig Satillit 400 (no its not a Yacht Boy).

Which runs on six C cells.

I would like to find a recharger that will charge six C cells all at
once.

The Ansmann Energy 16 will charge 6 C cells simultaneously:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/a...er_5407013.htm

I own two of these and have been pleased with them. Excellent
performance and built like tanks.

The Maha MH-C808M will charge 8 C cells simultaneously:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/m...ry-charger.htm

I've not used this charger, but I've used its close cousin the MH-C801D
(an AA/AAA-only unit) and been well satisfied.

Both of these are smart chargers that switch to trickle when the primary
charge finishes. Both have a conditioning function as well. Good stuff.

No connection to Thomas Distributing other than being a satisfied customer.

Well, I could buy two Rayovac rechargers (each of which can charge up
to four C cells all at once),

And I could then recharge two sets of three cells at the same time.

But I'm afraid that one recharger might charge up three cells to a
slightly higher voltage than the other charger does its three cells.

And that might well cause serious overheating of 3 cells when playing
the radio

Not a concern on the front end of the charge; NiMH batteries are
forgiving of slight voltage differences between them. What you do have
to watch out for is on the back end when they're nearly discharged,
because the stronger cells can keep trying to pull current through the
weaker cells and damage them permanently. Even that's not all that
likely though, if you use identical cells that have had similar lives
(roughly the same age, roughly the same duty, etc.).

I have another suggestion for you as well. Good-quality AA NiMH cells
are up to 2500-2600 mAh. You might consider getting some C-to-AA
adapters and running your radio on AAs. You can get a smaller, less
expensive charger then; the cells themselves are considerably cheaper;
and I suspect life would be more than acceptable.

[...]
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/
Old December 20th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Go and buy some Ray O Vac recharger thingys and some Ray O Vac
rechargable batteries and quit worrying about it.Next best bet is
Everyready thingys.I prefer Ray O Vac,,, because I am stupid.
www.rayovac.com
cuhulin

Old December 20th 05, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

But what I need,,,,,,,, is,,,,, awww,skip it.Them wimmins is crazy!
cuhulin