Old December 25th 05, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bill Kraski

Default Eton Porsche Design P7131 Questions

I got one for Christmas. And I've given most of the functions a pretty good
workout -- except the shortwave. The AM/FM/XM reception is very good. But
all the Eton reviews I've seen are for the E1. So, I'm not sure how the
P7131 stacks up for shortwave reception. There's an external antenna jack
on the back, but the manual doesn't say whether that's for AM, FM,
shortwave or some combination of those. Does anyone have any experience
with this unit for shortwave? And does anyone have more info on the
external antenna jack?

Bill K
Old December 25th 05, 10:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:32:00 GMT, Bill Kraski

- Plug some wire in there or hook some up to the antenna..

- Can't hurt..

OK. Worth a try. I have picked up a few things with the built in
telescoping antenna, but not a lot. It doesn't seem to cover the full sw
spectrum like the E1 does or have all the E1 bells & whistles.

Dunno whether it's single or double reduction...

I don't have a clue on that one, either.

- Looks cool !

It is! I have a TV tuner & mp3/ogg player on my pc. The auxiliary
input/output jacks allow me to hook the pc into it, then the p7131 into my
stereo. The connection acts as a passthrough, if I have it turned off.
But I'm finding that leaving it on at low volume helps fill the sound
space. Very nice addition to my setup. And it's only about 5"x5.5" on the
front & 7.5" deep. So, it doesn't take up too much real estate on my desk.

Poke at it !

I will. :-)

- Merry Christmas

Hope yours is, too.

Bill K

If you're using the whip next to a PC you're lucky to hear anything.
The ANT jack is probably for everything except MW (aka AM Broadcast).