Old January 5th 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Plimmer

Default Voice of Biafra International

Well, apologies to dxAce
Kathy Otto, my contact at Sentech confirms that they do indeed put out the
transmission on 7380 Khz Wednesdays and Saturdays on a giant 250 Kw TX from
Meyerton.

On expressing my amazement that a government TX would put out hostile
propaganda I was told
"they pay - we transmit - we don't monitor clients program content"

But I remain sure that if the Nigerian government complained to our
government and put pressure on them, they would embargo the transmissions.
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

From: "dxAce"
Subject: Voice of Biafra International
Date: Sunday, 01 January, 2006 20:12

John Plimmer wrote:

Hi dxAce, that's very interesting.
I'm going to check it out with Sentech on Tuesday (tomorrow's a public
holiday "Tweede Nuwe Yaar" [second new year - we take the new year very
seriously down here]).

Tomorrow is a Holiday here as well.

Because I still can't believe that our pro Abasanjo government would lease
major 250 KW Meyerton TX to slough him off.
(The Meyerton TX's are government owned and controlled)

Let us know what you discover.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 5th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

John Plimmer wrote:

Well, apologies to dxAce
Kathy Otto, my contact at Sentech confirms that they do indeed put out the
transmission on 7380 Khz Wednesdays and Saturdays on a giant 250 Kw TX from
Meyerton.

On expressing my amazement that a government TX would put out hostile
propaganda I was told
"they pay - we transmit - we don't monitor clients program content"

But I remain sure that if the Nigerian government complained to our
government and put pressure on them, they would embargo the transmissions.

Guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA