Old January 10th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default CODAR v DRM: Which do you find to be a greater annoyance?

An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

junius

Old January 10th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

junius wrote:

An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

Depends of course on where one is listening. They are both equally annoying, and
both = QRM.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 13th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article . com,
"junius" wrote:

An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

Starting with the most bothersome to least:
Chinese opera
CODAR
Bubble jamming
DRM

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 13th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article . com,
"junius" wrote:

An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

Starting with the most bothersome to least:
Chinese opera
CODAR
Bubble jamming
DRM

What is 'bubble jamming'?

--
rb

Old January 13th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article . com,
"junius" wrote:

An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

Starting with the most bothersome to least:
Chinese opera
CODAR
Bubble jamming
DRM

What is 'bubble jamming'?

It's jamming that sounds much like water boiling in a pot.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 13th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Metinks Telamon should strap on some roller skates and go skatin around
wit them crazy wild wimmins out thar on Ventura
Beach,Californiaaa.Methinks it would do him some real good!
cuhulin

Old January 13th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

"junius" wrote in message
ups.com...
An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

junius

Well, CODARs typically use 150 kHz or so.
That makes them kind of obnoxious.
DRM isn't typically a wide signal, is it?
Typically it is no wider than a normal AM
signal, right?

I can't say I've heard many DRM signals
on shortwave. There is one local MW AM
station that appears to be using it.
At what freq is there a regular DRM broadcast on
SW?

And I'm guessing DRM is not popular with
SWLs because unless one has a decent SNR
one gets nothing but noise?
And thus it is no good for DX?

--
rb

Old January 13th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

snip

What is 'bubble jamming'?

It's jamming that sounds much like water boiling in a pot.

I think I know what you mean.
Sounds a little like mfsk too, doesn't it.
I think I have heard that at 17720.
I wonder who is doing that these days.

--
rb

Old January 13th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont know what codars is,,,, maybe I might go look it up?
cuhulin

Old January 13th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If I can get my little doggy out of the bathroom door? Move Blueberry
(doggy) Go couch,Blueberry.
cuhulin