Old February 8th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The end?

Definately food for thought, i think whilst the traditional
broadcasters are rolling back others are stepping up to the plate
(radio china for example).So we will be able to enjoy some great
listening for a fair while to come.

Old February 8th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Sounds like you better switch to utilities.

Old February 8th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article 1139312103.140009@teuthos, adam214
wrote:

Do you think that SW will become irrelevant and just a platform for
political extremists and fundies?.Because as the good services such as
bbc world service roll back there service, these people i mentioned are
intensifying there efforts and i increasingly hear these people whilst
looking around.Because these good services i mentioned are increasingly
are becoming Internet-centered.I hate to see this day come because SW is
a great medium,i enjoy the diversity of it which sometimes the Internet
cant even match.I would hate to see such a great medium to go to waste
on these idiots.I think this is the great threat to SW radio and its
future,if these people get a foothold in this medium it will give
government (im not just talking about china either) to jam SW signals
and restrict sales of SW radios, if it gets a reputation as a medium for
these people.

DISCUSS!

There is so much to listen too that my main problem most days is
deciding what to listen to as I only have two ears. And I live out west
where signals are generally weaker. Must be really tough to decide
living in central or eastern USA.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 8th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article ,
David wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:27:41 -0800, running dogg wrote:

David wrote:

I see. So you're only here to post anti-Bush screeds? Can't you post
those somewhere else, like alt.anti-w? Also, do you know that the BBC on
public radio is a bowdlerized version of the real thing, cut and pasted
to avoid angering the govt?

Other than a 30 second underwriting announcement covering up a Beeb
program promo the stream is pure North American Service (which is
pretty much identical to the Asian service except for East Asia Today.

Huh? East Asia Today disappeared a year or so ago with much complaint
from the listening public.

Mark Zenier

Old February 9th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
an old friend

dxAce wrote:
cut
So why are you still here? Shouldn't you be hanging out at
alt.satellite.tardboy.rickets?

you are still here pedling your crap

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 9th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.dumbass.rickets
David

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:53:25 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

So why are you still here? Shouldn't you be hanging out at
alt.satellite.tardboy.rickets?

There's more to shortwave than being able to hear 250 KW stations.

Old February 9th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I thought you needed a subscription for that.

Old February 9th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Maybe you should begin directing everyone's attention these additional
aspects of shortwave listening, then, and stop your off-topic, bull****
posting.