Old February 12th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank

Default FS: G.E. Superadio I

Original Superadio in good condition. Works perfectly.

Price is $50.00 plus shipping

Old February 12th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

These sell at Amazon.com for UNDER $40.00 brand new.

Old February 12th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rob Mills

He stated Super one, not three. I have a Super One that looks brand and I
wouldn't take a $100 for it. RM~

wrote in message
ups.com...
These sell at Amazon.com for UNDER $40.00 brand new.

Old February 12th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

About six years ago,I read somewhere the G.E.Superadio I's are better
than the G.E.Superadio II's and G.E.Superadio III's.I dont know if that
is true though.I still want to know what makes those G.E.Superadios so
Super anyway.I am not going to believe they pull in long range radio
stations any better than similar radios.I have a G.E.Long Distance radio
here,I doubt if any G.E.Superadios will pull in long range radios any
better than my radio.I think a lot of people are fooled by the name
Super on those G.E.Superadios.Geeeee,,,,, look mom,it says Super on
there!
cuhulin

Old February 12th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radios are just like cereal boxes,,,, they all claim theirs is the best.
cuhulin

Old February 12th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Rob Mills wrote:

He stated Super one, not three. I have a Super One that looks brand and I
wouldn't take a $100 for it. RM~

I've seen II's go for $150 on eBay before.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

wrote in message
ups.com...
These sell at Amazon.com for UNDER $40.00 brand new.

Old February 12th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rob Mills

"dxAce" wrote in message

I've seen II's go for $150 on eBay before.

I think the one and two are about the same except the two has a tweeter. My
one, a 72880a doesn't even have an external antenna connection (the 72880b
has an ext ant) but then it doesn't need it as it is hot all across the dial
as it is, reminds me of the car radios of the 50's and 60's. I had one of
the first 3's and it didn't even compare, sold it in a garage sale. RM~

Old February 12th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

DX Ace,

GE Superadios "Like New in the Box"
{The Radio itself being Mint} with the
Original Box in Very Good Condition;
plus all the Original Documents and
Decals can go for over $200 or more.

HINT - To a 'Collector' It ain't a Radio
No Siree - IT "IS" A COLLECTABLE !
and That Means Money $ $ $ )

one man's junk is another man's treasure ~ RHF
Old February 12th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank

Default G.E. Superadio I

Price reduced to $45.00 plus shipping

et...

Old February 12th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When the Sears store at Metrocenter Mall www.metromalljackson.com 275
footsteps from my front yard started selling them G.E.Superadio I's,I
haden't heard of them untill one day when I was in the Sears store over
there and I saw them.One of them had batteries in the radio.I asked a
Sears sales lady if I could try out the radio in the parking lot.She and
I went out to the parking lot and I tried out the radio for a couple of
minutes.I didn't buy one of those radios because it didn't seem to be
any better than some of my old radios I have here.I just dont see what
all the hoopla is all about concerning those G.E.Superadios.I dont
remember the exact price of those radios,but I think they were between
thirty five to forty dollars.If the radio had impressed me enough,I
would have bought one of them. cuhulin