Old February 22nd 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default Guess how much

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

All kidding aside, I will state that it is gratifying to see that
classic SW radios can be sold for a great deal of money IF they are in
new or like-new shape. It behooves all of us to make sure that we keep
our radios in as pristine condition as possible and also to keep all
boxes, packing material, manuals, and even orginal
advertisements/catalogs, etc. to offer someday to a subsequent
purchaser. I have done this and I've told my wife that she should try
to sell my radios, hopefully for a good price, after I go to the great
"Radio Shack in the Sky."

I sincerely hope the person who buys this Trans-Oceanic truly
appreciates it and gives it the care it deserves.

Best,

Joe

I have all the packaging for my Degen 1102, including Hong Kong Post
envelope with brightly colored Hong Kong stamps and Degen rechargeable
batteries (never used). I've been saving boxes/packaging of radios for
15 years in some cases in the hopes that one day they will be worth
something. I have a whole garbage bag full of boxes. Everybody thinks
I'm crazy. I've seen how much original in box stuff goes for. I have a
Westclox Big Ben alarm clock with original box that I bought in January
2001 during California's power crunch to use in case of power failure.
The box has been opened, but it's in good shape. The clock was only used
a few times. Six months after I bought the clock, Westclox went bankrupt
and went out of the clock business. I bet that clock will be worth some
money. Oh, and by the way, keep all your receipts too if you can. If
you're lucky, the blue ink won't fade over time and leave you with a
blank paper. I had receipts from the 80s and 90s that this happened to.
The key seems to not expose it to any light, natural or artificial.
Thankfully today cash registers are getting away from that damned blue
ink. I remember finding receipts that I'd kept for important purchases
for 20 years and they were just blank from the breakdown of the ink. I
had to throw them out.

Old February 22nd 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nathan Bates

I think they use disappearing ink in hopes that asap, all youll have
left is blank paper. Especially stuff with lifetime warranties that
requires the receipt to get service. And youre right, light, of any
kind, is what fades them out.
Regards,
Nathan

Old February 22nd 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Some years ago,I read an article in Antique Trader
www.antiquetrader.com about old antique toys (of which I own a bunch of
them) and how much they are worth.The article said in some cases,certain
boxes are worth more than the toys that were in the boxes to serious
antique toy collectors.You are not crazy for saving those boxes.Keep on
saving.Blueberry doggy is really intrested in watching the Night and Day
musical movie on tv.Smart doggy,she is.
cuhulin

I guess stevie does not understand negitive campaigning an old friend Policy 0 December 8th 05 09:25 AM
I Guess he's gone Burr Shortwave 2 May 13th 05 06:13 PM
Guess I am!! Burr Shortwave 8 January 24th 05 06:34 AM
Rough guess at these impedances... Paul Burridge Homebrew 0 May 11th 04 07:49 PM
Anyone want to take a guess at what this is all about ?? N2FF ARRL election to be contested ? Steve Stone Policy 2 September 4th 03 10:25 PM