Old March 2nd 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
The-Wisest-One

Default 11710 -1500 to 1600 UTC on right now

Does anyone know what this weird religious chanting is on this
frequency? It sounds like several teenage girls reciting the Lords
Prayer over and over. right now there seems to be a man reciting and a
girl repeating after him.

It reminds me of something out of a "betrayed" type church.

I was looking for the Voice of Korea, but I don't believe this is it

???

I Am A Man...and nothing human is alien to me.

The Earth is One Great Country, and humankind it's citizens.

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Join the worlds greatest no-spin discussion forum in Cyberspace.

Old March 2nd 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:33:34 -0600, The-Wisest-One
wrote:

Does anyone know what this weird religious chanting is on this
frequency? It sounds like several teenage girls reciting the Lords
Prayer over and over. right now there seems to be a man reciting and a
girl repeating after him.

It reminds me of something out of a "betrayed" type church.

I was looking for the Voice of Korea, but I don't believe this is it

???

I Am A Man...and nothing human is alien to me.

The Earth is One Great Country, and humankind it's citizens.

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Join the worlds greatest no-spin discussion forum in Cyberspace.

I'm getting Voice of Korea.

Old March 2nd 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
The-Wisest-One

Where are you located David? And what is being discussed on the
program you are hearing?

Old March 2nd 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

The-Wisest-One wrote:

Does anyone know what this weird religious chanting is on this
frequency? It sounds like several teenage girls reciting the Lords
Prayer over and over. right now there seems to be a man reciting and a
girl repeating after him.

It reminds me of something out of a "betrayed" type church.

I was looking for the Voice of Korea, but I don't believe this is it

???

At 1615 I'm getting the same type of repeated recitation stuff with a man saying
something and then being repeated by what would seem to be a group of girls or children.
However, the frequency is 11715, in Spanish.

It might be KJES Vado, NM but I show them in English at this time, however they might
just have some Spanish. They're a religious outfit, and this is the same type of tuff
that they broadcast in English, that is the repetitive speak, response, type of thing.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 2nd 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

I'm getting a carrier with hum on it. S5. 8AM PST SF Bay area.

Voice of Korea in French here at 1625 on 11710.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 2nd 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Catholics would know S - they are reciting the Holy Rosary. It is one of
the most ancient prayer forms of the Church, but other faiths have similar
prayer forms.HOW the Holy Rosary is recited is another matter. Some groups
get very elaborate with it. WEWN recites the Holy Rosary at times, and they
have music in the background too. I am devoted to this prayer, but think the
theatrics that some groups get involved in is a bit much. I prefer a purer,
simpler mode.FWIW

Old March 2nd 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I thought I was supposed to hear this being chanted:
------
Am A Man...and nothing human is alien to me.

The Earth is One Great Country, and humankind it's citizens.

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always
glorify the hunter

Join the worlds greatest no-spin discussion forum in Cyberspace.
-----------

I've heard the Rosary chanting before. It's as mind numbing as Voice of
Korea.

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human
being I've ever known in my life.

Old March 2nd 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:56:38 -0600, The-Wisest-One
wrote:

Where are you located David? And what is being discussed on the
program you are hearing?

34, -118

I listened long enough for an ID. Lots of interference.

Old March 2nd 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Agreed, the description of the programming content sounds like KJES
fare.

Someone has posted up some *.mp3 files of some of these chanting
sequences he

http://shortwavemusic.blogspot.com/2...from-kjes.html

I found it rather intriguing the first time I stumbled across those
chants. I don't know anything about the religious affiliation of this
station. For me, though, those chanting kids, coupled with the New
Mexico ranch location, bring to mind the hippie commune scene from Easy
Rider.

http://www.ezrider.co.uk/Easy_Rider/...through_5.html

Junius

B-04 FCC private SW schedule URL dxAce Shortwave 2 November 4th 04 04:38 AM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
T-Systems B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 6th 04 10:42 PM
RFI A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 7th 04 08:56 PM
Fwd: DTK A04 WA4009SWL Shortwave 0 March 22nd 04 01:21 AM