Old March 22nd 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Keepers: Shortwave Radios That Last

Not long after I bought my new Panasonic RF-2600 radio,two things
happened to it all by itself.It started drifting badly (it still drifts
badly) and it stopped working all by itself.I have never used the head
phones jack (I dont like to use head phones or earbuds,I never use them
at all) on that radio before,but unless I wedge something between the
metal body of the head phones jack and the plastic housing,the radio
will not turn on at all.As far as pulling in radio stations is
concerned,the radio is only mediocre at best.Summing it all up (remember
now,I bought the radio brand new at a Service Merchandise store) in my
very unprofessional radio reviewing opinion,,,, I would not reccomend
that Panasonic model of radios to anybody.
cuhulin

Old March 22nd 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have bought many old AM/FM/Shortwave radios at Goodwill before,and
they all still work very good too,except for my old Sears Trav-Ler
AM/FM/Shortwave radio and when it works,it works very,very good.It was
worn out when I bought it at the Goodwill store.I can mess around with
the worn out push buttons and the worn out on/off/volume controll switch
for a few minutes and get it to working.When it does work,it is one of
my best radios.

My Panasonic RF-2600 AM/FM/Shortwave radio,I bought that radio brand
spanking new at a Service Merchandise store back in the 1980's,it has
never and it never will see the inside or the outside of any thrift
stores.Not as long as I live,it wont.

I gave an honest opinion/review of my Panasonic RF-2600 radio,I wish I
had saved that money for something else.
cuhulin