Old March 30th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hill

Default Can't Set Time on my Sony ICF-2002

Fired up my ICF-2002 after years of inactivity, replaced the batteries,
and have forgotten how to set the time.

I can set time by simultaneously pressing the Set and H or M keys, but
when I release the keys, a different time is displayed. The time I set
is somewhere in memory, as I can see it by pressing the Set key.

Incidentally, the AA batteries in the radio were in good shape, but were
two years out of (max use) date. The D batteries in the external battery
case presumably had another year of use, but what a mess! I thoroughly
washed the case with hot water and shined up the connectors with a
typewriter eraser. I was really lucky the AA batteries were ok
Jim
Old April 1st 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Larry Weil

In article phUWf.4407$Iw2.3056@fed1read05, Jim Hill
wrote:

Fired up my ICF-2002 after years of inactivity, replaced the batteries,
and have forgotten how to set the time.

I can set time by simultaneously pressing the Set and H or M keys, but
when I release the keys, a different time is displayed. The time I set
is somewhere in memory, as I can see it by pressing the Set key.

Incidentally, the AA batteries in the radio were in good shape, but were
two years out of (max use) date. The D batteries in the external battery
case presumably had another year of use, but what a mess! I thoroughly
washed the case with hot water and shined up the connectors with a
typewriter eraser. I was really lucky the AA batteries were ok
Jim

I believe the set button is for setting the standby function.

I seem to remember mine, which I no longer have, having a little button
on the back which you had to hold to set the time. Be sure the two AA
cells that are used for backing up the time and memories are good, the
other four don't matter.

BTW, doesn't the external case take C's, not D's?

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH