Old April 13th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Antarctica - LRA36

ANTARCTIC About LRA36 Antarctic Territory.
Yesterday Sunday, I talk with the Sergeant in charge of the LRA36 Radio
Nacional Arcangel San Gabriel at Base Esperanza, and he inform me that
from already several weeks ago behind that the radio station is inactive
on SW for problems with the antennas those that in this moments are
repairing.

The station will be again on air from next Monday 17th April on the usual
fq of 15476 kHz from Mondays to Fridays at 1800-2100 hrs.
(Gabriel Ivan Barrera-ARG, wwdxc BC-DX Apr 10)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 13th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Verstaldin

Thanks for the info. That's one station I've never heard. What kind of receiver are you using ?

All life all holiness come from you O Lord
http://pwp.surfglobal.net/mjmiller/index.htm

Old April 14th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Verstaldin wrote:

Thanks for the info. That's one station I've never heard. What kind of
receiver are you using ?

I currently use the Drake R7, R8 and R8B receivers along with 70' and 200'
wires.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 14th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
HankG

"dxAce" wrote in message

Verstaldin wrote:

Thanks for the info. That's one station I've never heard. What kind of
receiver are you using ?

I currently use the Drake R7, R8 and R8B receivers along with 70' and 200'
wires.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace, I've seen pictures of your wires on your site. I recall you stating
that you used some kind of switch between your wires and your radios, but
would you comment as to whether or not you're using any baluns or
transmatches? Thanks.

HankG

Old April 14th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

HankG wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Verstaldin wrote:

Thanks for the info. That's one station I've never heard. What kind of
receiver are you using ?

I currently use the Drake R7, R8 and R8B receivers along with 70' and 200'
wires.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace, I've seen pictures of your wires on your site. I recall you stating
that you used some kind of switch between your wires and your radios, but
would you comment as to whether or not you're using any baluns or
transmatches? Thanks.

I use 10:1 matching transformers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 19th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

ANTARCTIC About LRA36 Antarctic Territory.
Yesterday Sunday, I talk with the Sergeant in charge of the LRA36 Radio
Nacional Arcangel San Gabriel at Base Esperanza, and he inform me that
from already several weeks ago behind that the radio station is inactive
on SW for problems with the antennas those that in this moments are
repairing.

The station will be again on air from next Monday 17th April on the usual
fq of 15476 kHz from Mondays to Fridays at 1800-2100 hrs.
(Gabriel Ivan Barrera-ARG, wwdxc BC-DX Apr 10)

No trace here of LRA36 on 15476 today (or yesterday either) at 2015 check.
Propagation or just not reactivated yet?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 20th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

ANTARCTIC About LRA36 Antarctic Territory.
Yesterday Sunday, I talk with the Sergeant in charge of the LRA36 Radio
Nacional Arcangel San Gabriel at Base Esperanza, and he inform me that
from already several weeks ago behind that the radio station is inactive
on SW for problems with the antennas those that in this moments are
repairing.

The station will be again on air from next Monday 17th April on the usual
fq of 15476 kHz from Mondays to Fridays at 1800-2100 hrs.
(Gabriel Ivan Barrera-ARG, wwdxc BC-DX Apr 10)

No trace here of LRA36 on 15476 today (or yesterday either) at 2015 check.
Propagation or just not reactivated yet?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I've given this a try every day this week. Not a sign of it. Currently,
19:25 UTC today and once again, not a trace.
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: NJ
Primary Radio: ICOM IC-R75 (full Kiwa mods)
Antennas: G5RV & 200ft "Frankenstein" Roof Wire
Additional Radios: Icom IC-PCR1000,
Sony 7600GR, Grundig YB400,
Tecsun PL-550, Kaito KA1101, Kaito KA1102
GE SR-III, Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)

Old April 24th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

ANTARCTIC About LRA36 Antarctic Territory.
Yesterday Sunday, I talk with the Sergeant in charge of the LRA36 Radio
Nacional Arcangel San Gabriel at Base Esperanza, and he inform me that
from already several weeks ago behind that the radio station is inactive
on SW for problems with the antennas those that in this moments are
repairing.

The station will be again on air from next Monday 17th April on the usual
fq of 15476 kHz from Mondays to Fridays at 1800-2100 hrs.
(Gabriel Ivan Barrera-ARG, wwdxc BC-DX Apr 10)

Apparently a delay with reactivation on the 17th, but going to try today.
1800-2100. Best to try after 1900 when Africa #1 vacates 15475.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 24th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I agree with you Mr.Grainger,,, and I am unaimous in that!
Mrs.Slocombe,, Are You Being Served?
cuhulin

Old April 24th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve

dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

ANTARCTIC About LRA36 Antarctic Territory.
Yesterday Sunday, I talk with the Sergeant in charge of the LRA36 Radio
Nacional Arcangel San Gabriel at Base Esperanza, and he inform me that
from already several weeks ago behind that the radio station is inactive
on SW for problems with the antennas those that in this moments are
repairing.

The station will be again on air from next Monday 17th April on the usual
fq of 15476 kHz from Mondays to Fridays at 1800-2100 hrs.
(Gabriel Ivan Barrera-ARG, wwdxc BC-DX Apr 10)

Apparently a delay with reactivation on the 17th, but going to try today.
1800-2100. Best to try after 1900 when Africa #1 vacates 15475.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I'm not hearing it at present, but will keep checking periodically. I
hope you guys are having better luck.

Steve

Voice of Antarctica 10520 khz Invader3K Shortwave 7 December 24th 04 02:38 AM
"Kiwi 940" heads to Antarctica... Mark Shortwave 2 November 24th 04 10:44 PM
Antarctica dxAce Shortwave 1 October 28th 04 11:51 PM
Antarctica dxAce Shortwave 2 August 18th 04 10:02 PM
Antarctica N8KDV Shortwave 5 August 28th 03 11:51 PM