Old May 12th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default New Eton E5 gloat

On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:37:52 -0400, lsmyer wrote:

At the risk of overbeating a dead horse... as I posted here earlier, I
have already tried the Sony 7600GR and I wasn't impressed. To me, it
wasn't nearly sensitive enough, plus it has NO tuning wheel, which for
me is a definite negative. As far as the sync detection goes, it worked,
but it was really noisy and whistly. And if memory serves me well, the
sound quality is very weak.

Thinking I might have received a lemon, I sent back my first one, got a
replacement and it was just the same, so I sent it back as well. Two
years later, I ordered a third one, and it was no better. I sold it on ebay.

In my opinion, the 7600GR is way over-priced and way over-rated. For my
tastes, the E5 is the radio I wished the 7600GR had been.

Sony has lousy quality control and you take your chances.