RadioBanter

-   -   Air America - DEAD! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/95290-air-america-dead.html)

RHF June 6th 06 11:24 PM

(OT) : There is "Hispanic" and there is 'hispanic'

David - "Back in the day, Mexicans were considered white people."

David - Not Always -and- Not In Every State.

For a time in California between 1848 and 1850 and beyond . . .
Many so-called "Mexicans" could not Own and Inherit land.
CALIFORNIA = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California

The treatment of so-called "Mexicans" in Texas was not
the same as so-called "White People" {Americans and
European Immigrants}
TEXAS = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas
FWIW - Many consider the 'status' of "Mexicans" below that
of the so-called "Negros" for a good part of Texas History.
NEGROS = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro

Checking something off on a US {Federal} Census Form
does automatically bestow 'Equal Rights for All' and
"Equal Rights for All" did not mean the same thing in
each State throughout these United States of America.

In the United States of America several Federal Laws have
been called the "Civil Rights Acts" from 1866 to 1991.
CIVIL RIGHTS = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act
Most of them have been ineffective - because it takes
a Generation (about 20-Years) of Living-under-the-Law
for a Society to Accept-the-Law and Live-within-the-Law
as part of the Natural Order of Things within the Society.

so say i - my opinions stated as facts ~ RHF

David Eduardo June 7th 06 05:32 AM

(OT) : There is "Hispanic" and there is 'hispanic'

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Gee, didn't you 'move' to Mexico at age 17? You were born in 1946 and
supposedly
went to Mexico in 1963. According to your website you didn't show up in
Ecuador
till 1964.

At age 17.

I think you'd better read your resume!

The very term "résumé" means a condensation.

You seem to have a problem with the fact that a person can be part of a
year
in multiple places. Like doing late '62 to early 63 in an internship, and
alternating between two places starting two years earlier (which was not
relevant to radio... I did a published paper on the religious
significances
of the Mayan ball courts in the second and third civilizations, including
excavations in Tikal).

Where was the paper published? I'll try to have my library get ahold of a
copy.

In the student archeology magazine of the U of Pittsburg. I think it was in
late 62. If you find a copy, I would like to have one. My only one got lost
in moving. All I have is my own draft copy, and many of th ephotographs of
Tikal prior to its actual excavation.

[email protected] June 7th 06 06:26 AM

(OT) : There is "Hispanic" and there is 'hispanic'

Even when I am wrong,,,, I am always Right.Railroaded movie is on Radio
tv now.
cuhulin

Telamon June 7th 06 07:22 AM

(OT) : There is "Hispanic" and there is 'hispanic'

In article t,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Here is an excellent site with maps and pictures.
http://mayaruins.com/yucmap.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California