Old June 11th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Cartrivision1

Default FS: First Edition GE Superradio 7-2880B Mint

For sale: I have what I gather from the web to be a first edition GE
Superradio. Model no. 7-2880B. It is in near mint condition. It even
has the original product info "brochure" for lack of a better word
attached to it. Runs on "D" batteries or attached AC cord. Superb
deep sound and reception for such a smallish sized radio. And of
course it is renown for it's DX ability on the AM band.

Best offer over $35 plus shipping, which would probably work out to
about $10 or so within the US for parcel post.

thanks,
CTV

Old June 11th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That was a first edition that Sears saleswoman and I did try out at the
Serars store/Metrocenter Mall www.metromalljackson.com she and I
stepped out in the rear parking lot at the Sears store.That
radio,running on batteries (dont blame it on the batteries) that radio
was a piece of Crap!)
cuhulin

Old June 12th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

hubofterry wrote:

What in the hell are you babbling about???

wrote in message

Does it really matter?

mike
Old June 12th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

hubofterry wrote:

stepped out in the rear parking lot at the Sears store.That
radio,running on batteries (dont blame it on the batteries) that radio

What in the hell are you babbling about???

That's what everybody who hears from "cuhulin" winds
up asking. :-)

BTW, I imagine the radio was powered by batteries because
large parts of Mississippi still don't have electricity.
:-

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001

Old June 12th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Electricity? Mississippi (with a population of about three million,or
not much more) has more Electricity than we can use.There is one Nuke
Electricity power plant at Grand Gulf,and there is talk that another
Nuke Electricty power plant might be built here in Mississippi.I was
born in the big old house on Main Street in Carthage,Mississippi on
November 5,1941.Our house was the first house in Carthage which had
Electricity,we had indoor plumbing too.You ever heard of Electricity
blackouts in Mississippi before? (other than ''Katrinas'') Where are my
shoes?
cuhulin

Old June 12th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

001,Less than a Zero. UH HUH.
cuhulin

MINT W2IHY THINGY Butch Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 06:54 AM
MINT W2IHY THINGY Butch Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 06:54 AM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Radio and Electronics Hania Lux Shortwave 0 October 18th 03 12:13 AM