Old June 26th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

Default Eton E-10

Love this radio but recently opened the Eton Ni-MH1100 rechargeable
batteries and installed them, set the system setting for rechargeable
and it does not recharge. After leaving plugged in overnight still
only .3V measured on two batteries and 0v on two others? WTF?

Anyone using the rechargeables in their E10, did I miss something
in the setup?

Thanks!
Old June 26th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"James Douglas" wrote in message
. ..
Love this radio but recently opened the Eton Ni-MH1100 rechargeable
batteries and installed them, set the system setting for rechargeable
and it does not recharge. After leaving plugged in overnight still
only .3V measured on two batteries and 0v on two others? WTF?

Anyone using the rechargeables in their E10, did I miss something
in the setup?

Thanks!

Just using system setting 28 for NIMH won't let the radio charge them.
The somewhat complicated process for charging the batteries is
described on page 8 of the manual.
Part of the "Getting Started" section.

Old June 26th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:55:08 -0500, James Douglas
wrote:

Love this radio but recently opened the Eton Ni-MH1100 rechargeable
batteries and installed them, set the system setting for rechargeable
and it does not recharge. After leaving plugged in overnight still
only .3V measured on two batteries and 0v on two others? WTF?

Anyone using the rechargeables in their E10, did I miss something
in the setup?

Thanks!

The built-in charger is slow as can be, even when working correctly.
I use an outborad charger for mine. Also, that power supply is very
noisy and will reduce performance of the radio considerably.

Old June 26th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

James: Did you push the charge button and make sure that the S-meter
was scanning back and forth? It is easy to think that this radio is
charging when it is not.
Bob

Old June 26th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

They have that,,,,,, now I done forgot what I was going to say.

But a few minutes before 1:00 PM,they knocked on my front door.Check
writing time.I told them tree service guys,Now y'all can go out and
paint the town red.(they said,Yes Sir!) Two of those guys are actually
Mike Duckers (Idaho) sons.The other one is a Mississippian.It takes a
Mississippian to keep them Idaho guys straight.
cuhulin

Old June 26th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

Sanjaya wrote:
"James Douglas" wrote in message
. ..
Love this radio but recently opened the Eton Ni-MH1100 rechargeable
batteries and installed them, set the system setting for rechargeable
and it does not recharge. After leaving plugged in overnight still
only .3V measured on two batteries and 0v on two others? WTF?

Anyone using the rechargeables in their E10, did I miss something
in the setup?

Thanks!

Just using system setting 28 for NIMH won't let the radio charge them.
The somewhat complicated process for charging the batteries is
described on page 8 of the manual.
Part of the "Getting Started" section.

I can't believe I missed that, sorry! Thanks for the tips!

Old June 26th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"James Douglas" wrote...

[snippage]
...Thanks for the tips!