Old July 10th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This Really Sucks

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

Yep, you know everything, oh fake one!

Old July 10th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:03:33 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

You are an idiot. I don't know a real broadcaster on the planet who
reacts with indifference when told his signal is getting trashed and
that he has lost a listener.

Old July 10th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
- Agree.. ANY way of filtering this out ?

Buy a HD radio.

Seriously.

The Boston Acoustics Receptor HD, when tuning *analog* stations, seems
largely immune to IBOC QRM from *digital* stations on adjacent
frequencies. The set uses digital signal processing of analog signals;
I might guess that it uses the opposite digital sideband to cancel out
the one that's interfering with the desired analog station.

In general, my experience has been that the Receptor HD is a pretty
decent analog radio, both AM and FM, if you give it a decent antenna.
(the antennas provided with the radio are crap) Of course, it is pretty
expensive as well!

Of course, the problem for the radio industry is that almost nobody
*has* a Receptor HD - when the interference cranks up, people will buy
XM or Sirius, put in a CD, or turn on the TV long before they'll buy a
HD radio.

I doubt many people will buy IBOC radios for the presumed audio advantages.
The market for high fidelity AM has always been small and FM can sound
excellent as it is. However, there probably will be some public interest in
the secondary FM channels. And ibiquity's licensing arrangement demands
that any AM - FM radio must have IBOC decoders for both bands. There won't
be any standard AM - IBOC FM radios, at least according to the current plan.

So, in the future, there's a good chance there will be a significant number
of IBOC radios out there. I pretty much expect the AM broadcasters to
enthusisastically jump into IBOC AM, just like as jumped into AM stereo.

AM stereo never caught on. The buying public never much cared to buy the
radios. AM stereo came and went.

It would be ironic if the only way to avoid the IBOC sidebands is to buy
some damned ibiquity licensed radio.

Frank Dresser

Old July 10th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

Frank Dresser

Old July 10th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frank Dresser wrote:

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

Edweenie and his minions think it will just go *poof*, it's gone.

Edweenie is mistaken.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 10th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

** U S A. Strong rumor from allegedly reliable sources is that the FCC
will be
making an across-the-board authorization for nighttime IBOC on MW
within
the
next two weeks. Better enjoy your nighttime MW listening and DXing
while
you
can. More and more ``clear`` channel stations have been testing it in
the
daytime, and once they all start running it at night, large portions of
the AM
band will be devoted to noise (Glenn Hauser, July 9, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

Thanks to 'Eduardo' and all the other beancounting dip****s out there!

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

Yeah, saving AM through QRM.

Great plan there, Edweenie!

I love it when you use the *WE* shtick. It sounds so, well it sounds so
egotistical!

iBiquity is backed by every major broadcast company, right down to companies
like UnoRadio Group in Puerto Rico. That is the "we" I refer to... the
broadcast industry and its leaders.

Old July 10th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

Yep, you know everything, oh fake one!

Your closes 790 would the Bay City / Saginaw, and I guarantee you that they
have no interest in the Grand Rapids market.

Old July 10th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

You are an idiot. I don't know a real broadcaster on the planet who
reacts with indifference when told his signal is getting trashed and
that he has lost a listener.

If they are out of the metro (MSA), we don't care. There is no money in out
of market audience.

Old July 10th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

AM stereo never caught on. The buying public never much cared to buy the
radios. AM stereo came and went.

It was, due to Leonard Kahn, 5 years too late. When original introduced, it
would have made a difference as AM still had a majority of listening. By the
time a system was authorized, AM had "died" as a music medium.

Old July 10th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

It will slowly die as the existing listeners age and ad revenues decrease.

Another one of my many site NIM BUSTER SUCKS! N9OGL General 0 January 27th 06 06:16 AM
AKC's gayness AKC Master Control CB 13 May 8th 04 01:52 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM