Old July 10th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This Really Sucks

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

When are you going to die as a fraud medium? Judging by your latest
pictures,
you don't look to be in the greatest health.

Link Please

http://www.davidgleason.com/2004_NAB.htm

Old July 10th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

When are you going to die as a fraud medium? Judging by your latest
pictures,
you don't look to be in the greatest health.

Link Please

http://www.davidgleason.com/2004_NAB.htm

nobody dipcited there looks to be in poor health

Old July 10th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

When are you going to die as a fraud medium? Judging by your latest
pictures,
you don't look to be in the greatest health.

Link Please

http://www.davidgleason.com/2004_NAB.htm

nobody dipcited there looks to be in poor health

I never dipcited a thing officer... I swear!

Old July 10th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

This IBOC shill is all over the NGs...

Old July 10th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

It will slowly die as the existing listeners age and ad revenues decrease.

This guy is unbelievable - what a salesman ! I wonder, if he ever
dabbled in used cars ? Hey bud, we'll see - to try and mandate that
all future AM/FM radios be able to receive/procees IBOC is absurd !
IBOC is going to save AM/FM - what a ****ing joke ! I am sure many
people, including myself, are perfectly happy with AM/FM, as it is; if
anything, new programming formats will "save" the airwaves, not some
crummy new broadcasting transmission technology !

Old July 10th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's most
prolific
pedant and general all 'round **** wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

AM stereo never caught on. The buying public never much cared to buy
the
radios. AM stereo came and went.

It was, due to Leonard Kahn, 5 years too late. When original introduced,
it
would have made a difference as AM still had a majority of listening. By
the
time a system was authorized, AM had "died" as a music medium.

When are you going to die as a fraud medium? Judging by your latest
pictures,
you don't look to be in the greatest health.

I am in fine health. I bicycle cross country about 25 miles a day on
weekends. What do you do?

Old July 10th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Mike" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to listen to
regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from 780.

No can listen no more.

I know the station itself could care less.

They COULDN'T care less! COULDN'T. If they COULD care less, that
means they care now!

You are right... I suppose they could care less, but that is unlikely. They
care not a tad.

Old July 10th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD-IBOC - The Death of AM/MW Radio Listening . . .

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
wrote:
- Agree.. ANY way of filtering this out ?

Buy a HD radio.

Seriously.

The Boston Acoustics Receptor HD, when tuning *analog* stations, seems
largely immune to IBOC QRM from *digital* stations on adjacent
frequencies. The set uses digital signal processing of analog signals;
I might guess that it uses the opposite digital sideband to cancel out
the one that's interfering with the desired analog station.

In general, my experience has been that the Receptor HD is a pretty
decent analog radio, both AM and FM, if you give it a decent antenna.
(the antennas provided with the radio are crap) Of course, it is pretty
expensive as well!

- Of course, the problem for the radio industry is that
- almost nobody *has* a Receptor HD - when the
- interference cranks up, people will buy XM or Sirius,
- put in a CD, or turn on the TV long before they'll buy
- a HD radio.

DS [W9WI] - Yes in spite of the idea behind HD-IBOC
AM/MW Broadcasting as being the 'savior' of AM Radio.
Many DX {Out-of-Area} Listeners may simply Turn-Off
the AM Radio and Turn-On something else. ~ RHF

In the SF Bay currently I can hear many Out-of-Area
AM/MW {Analog} Radio Stations like :
Sacramento - KSTE 650 kHz and KFBK 1530 kHz
Fresno KRE 580 kHz
With HD-IBOC these AM Signals will be under the
Digital Signal Hash an no longer be able to be heard.
* With HD-IBOC these AM Signals will be under the
Digital Signal Hash an no longer be able to be heard.
* Local Only - HD-IBOC will result in about 30 AM
Radio Stations that could be heard easily with 6-7
of those being so close to the each other that the
number may even be smaller.

In the Twain Harte, CA currently I can hear many
Out-of-Area AM/MW {Analog} Radio Stations like :
Sacramento - KSTE 650 kHz and KFBK 1530 kHz
Fresno KRE 580 kHz
* With HD-IBOC these AM Signals will be under the
Digital Signal Hash an no longer be able to be heard.
* Local Only - HD-IBOC will result in about 9 AM
Radio Stations that could be heard easily.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old July 10th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

When are you going to die as a fraud medium? Judging by your latest
pictures,
you don't look to be in the greatest health.

Link Please

http://www.davidgleason.com/2004_NAB.htm

Yep. I concur.

Here though, on this page is my favourite pic:

http://www.davidgleason.com/1998_Radio_Ink.htm

Gotta love the hair!

I wish I had an autographed copy of that one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Another one of my many site NIM BUSTER SUCKS! N9OGL General 0 January 27th 06 06:16 AM
AKC's gayness AKC Master Control CB 13 May 8th 04 01:52 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM