Old July 11th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This Really Sucks

"David" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 01:03:14 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

Radio is a local medium, and ad sales are based on local metro ratings.
Even
stations that do well in ratings in adjacent markets generally get no
benefit from this audience. An example would be KLVE, which is an LA
station
(#1 or #2 there) is also in the top 5 most of the time in Riverside/San
Bernardino, but does not get any additional revenue from this out-of-metro
audience.

Radio is supposed to serve the public while selling ads. Part of
serving the public is caring about people who listen, regardless of
whether you can monetize every listener.

There is no way to serve listeners that are a two hour drive away from one's
licensed city and market.

Old July 11th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

It will slowly die as the existing listeners age and ad revenues decrease.

So AM stations become cheaper to buy and thus less corporate influence.
So the problem is?????

Old July 11th 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Radio is a local medium, and ad sales are based on local metro ratings. Even
stations that do well in ratings in adjacent markets generally get no
benefit from this audience. An example would be KLVE, which is an LA station
(#1 or #2 there) is also in the top 5 most of the time in Riverside/San
Bernardino, but does not get any additional revenue from this out-of-metro
audience.

Radio is supposed to serve the public while selling ads. Part of
serving the public is caring about people who listen, regardless of
whether you can monetize every listener.

This from the October 2004 edition of "Tattler":

Univision's David Gleason told the crowd that radio should focus on listeners,
not on the market.
-------

Old July 11th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Billy Smith wrote:

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's most
prolific
pedant and general all 'round **** wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

AM stereo never caught on. The buying public never much cared to buy
the
radios. AM stereo came and went.

It was, due to Leonard Kahn, 5 years too late. When original introduced,
it
would have made a difference as AM still had a majority of listening. By
the
time a system was authorized, AM had "died" as a music medium.

When are you going to die as a fraud medium? Judging by your latest
pictures,
you don't look to be in the greatest health.

I am in fine health. I bicycle cross country about 25 miles a day on
weekends.

Better up it to 50.

dxAce
(Fitness trainer to the fakes)
Michigan
USA

Ace is a 400 pound greasy pile of crap who just sits behind his radios
all day and posts his crap on here.

I generally sit in *front* of my radios, as it makes them a lot easier to tune.

You might try it some time.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 11th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:43:26 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

There is no way to serve listeners that are a two hour drive away from one's
licensed city and market.

I think you fail to grasp the concept.

Old July 11th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I believe IBOC is a Really BAD idea.
cuhulin

Old July 11th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Radio is a local medium, and ad sales are based on local metro ratings.
Even
stations that do well in ratings in adjacent markets generally get no
benefit from this audience. An example would be KLVE, which is an LA
station
(#1 or #2 there) is also in the top 5 most of the time in Riverside/San
Bernardino, but does not get any additional revenue from this
out-of-metro
audience.

Radio is supposed to serve the public while selling ads. Part of
serving the public is caring about people who listen, regardless of
whether you can monetize every listener.

This from the October 2004 edition of "Tattler":

Univision's David Gleason told the crowd that radio should focus on
listeners,
not on the market.

You don't even know what that means.

It means pay attention to the listeners themselves, not the "trends" and
stuff in the market itself... rumor and heresy and insider remarks.

Old July 11th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo' the fake Hispanic since c.2000
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It means what it says, oh fake one.

Old July 11th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That is one phrase, taken out of context. It makes a nice headline. The year
before, when I said "Spanish is a language not a (radio) format" it also go
t a headline.

The statement, in the context of the Super Session at NAB where I said it,
meant to focus on individulal listener needs, not perceived "groups" of
listeners. Program to the listener one by one, and you will get the groups
of listeners because the groups are made up of individuals. When I am
training announcers, as I also mentioned at NAB, I often tell them to put up
a picture of a typical listener... maybe cut out of a picture from a station
event... and speak to that person as if they were the only listener.

Now you get it?

Old July 11th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason aka 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's shill and fake

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yep, I got your spin, oh fake one.

Another one of my many site NIM BUSTER SUCKS! N9OGL General 0 January 27th 06 06:16 AM
AKC's gayness AKC Master Control CB 13 May 8th 04 01:52 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM