Old July 11th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Dr ace and his fount of hate

dxAce wrote:
David Frackelton Gleason aka 'Eduardo', Univision Radio's shill and fake
Hispanic since c.2000 frayed his best panties when he wrote:

Now you get it?

Yep, I got your spin, oh fake one.

and we see yours

Old July 11th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD-IBOC - The Death of AM/MW Radio Listening . . . hash, Hash. HASH !

David wrote:
On 10 Jul 2006 14:36:39 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

In the Twain Harte, CA currently I can hear many
Out-of-Area AM/MW {Analog} Radio Stations like :
Sacramento - KSTE 650 kHz and KFBK 1530 kHz
Fresno KRE 580 kHz
* With HD-IBOC these AM Signals will be under the
Digital Signal Hash an no longer be able to be heard.
* Local Only - HD-IBOC will result in about 9 AM
Radio Stations that could be heard easily.

The only stations I can get at night are KNX and a bunch of
out-of-market stations e.g. KGO and KKOH. (Yeah, I can get KSL and
KFBK, too, but they suck). KDWN has some choice moments on occasion.

David,

In 5-10 years all you will be able to Hear is nothing but
hash, Hash. HASH ! from both short and long distance.

KFHK 1530 kHz from Sacramento, CA has the
"Rush-Re-Play" ) - For all those, who work
during the day and can not listen.
http://www.kfbk.com/pages/programschedule.html

KSL 1160 kHz from Salt Lake City, UT
Does have "When Radio Was"
http://www.radiospirits.com/onradio/wrw_future.asp
- Hosted by Stan Freberg
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=312&sid=122030
Plus the "Twilight Zone on the Radio" Show
http://www.twilightzoneradio.com/

A GREAT IDEA !
Always thought a that the AM Radio Station
that 'replayed' "Coast-to-Coast AM" During the
Morning from 9-12 -or- during the Day from 12-3
would tap a unique Day-Time group of Listeners.

Radio - It's About Listening and Your Ears Don't Lie [.]

david - enjoy your radios ~ RHF
Old July 11th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11 Jul 2006 10:05:10 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

[...]

KFBK was a much better station when I was a kid, as was KSL.

Stan Freberg is on AM 1260 (and FM 105.1 HD2) here.

XM and Sirius carry the Stacy Keach Twilight Zone.

George Noory is on KFI but all I get is the skywave fighting with the
groundwave at my house so I have to listen on 780. Or 770. Or 840.
You get the idea.

Old July 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This Really Sucks

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

It will slowly die as the existing listeners age and ad revenues decrease.

What will the death of AM be like? Will we someday turn on our AM radios
and hear nothing but noise and static, much as the surviviors did in any one
of Roger Corman's post apocoplyse movies?

Frank Dresser

Old July 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

AM stereo never caught on. The buying public never much cared to buy

the
radios. AM stereo came and went.

It was, due to Leonard Kahn, 5 years too late. When original introduced,

it
would have made a difference as AM still had a majority of listening. By

the
time a system was authorized, AM had "died" as a music medium.

AM stereo didn't need Leonard Kahn to fail. The public never cared much
about it, Kahn nothwithstanding. But he did provide a convienient excuse.
If Kahn wasn't there to blame, it would have been some other damn thing.

To quote Alibi Ike:

"I coulda hit a homer, but I had a rock in my shoe."

Frank Dresser

Old July 11th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default get help

Old July 12th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

The statement, in the context of the Super Session at NAB where I said
it,
meant to focus on individulal listener needs, not perceived "groups" of
listeners. Program to the listener one by one, and you will get the
groups
of listeners because the groups are made up of individuals. When I am
training announcers, as I also mentioned at NAB, I often tell them to put
up
a picture of a typical listener... maybe cut out of a picture from a
station
event... and speak to that person as if they were the only listener.

Now you get it?

Yep, I got your spin, oh fake one.

Go to the NAB website and you can order the full session on CD. It is the
September, 2004 San Diego NAB radio convention, and all sessions are
available on CD. Before you hurl any more ignorant statements, listen to the
panel and you will see that this is exactly what I said.

Old July 12th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. ..

Yep. We are going to try to save AM. It may not be possible, though.

What will happen to AM if it can't be saved?

It will slowly die as the existing listeners age and ad revenues
decrease.

What will the death of AM be like? Will we someday turn on our AM radios
and hear nothing but noise and static, much as the surviviors did in any
one
of Roger Corman's post apocoplyse movies?

Many talk formats are moving to FM. One in Tallahassee did it this week.
Others in DC, Salt Lake City and Phoenix have or are doing it. What we will
find is a gradual change to pure niche formats (Like KIRN in LA... all
Farsi) and then, probably, its demise as the less competitive signals go
silent.

Old July 12th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default lazy ace

There is no excuse for the junk that IBOC puts out on the sidebands. It is a
poor excuse of a system. On my current job, we are designing the next
generation of VHF/UHF land mobile equipment. One of the measurements I make
are ACCP (adjacent channel couple power). It has to be well below a level
that could interfere with adjacent channel users.
Apparently, either the IBOC folks never heard of a vector signal analyzer,
don't know how to use it, or they just didn't care when they launched their
inferior system.

Pete

"dxAce" wrote in message

"IBOC_sucks_!" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
" wrote:

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

I currently have that problem here with a station I used to
listen to regularly on
790 that is now totally obliterated by the daytime IBOC from
780.

No can listen no more.
justs makes your hobby more chalenging why do you mind that?

Challenging? Has nothing to do with challenging, 'tard boy.
sure does

it all about challange

you want these stations to just you what YOU want without careling if
they survive you greedy lazy jerk

Careling? Isn't that something folks tend to do around Christmas time?

Greedy? Well, yes, I suppose. I'm for getting all I can.

I'm not lazy, I'm retired.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You obvioulsy have little to do, but troll this newsgroup with your
flames and hostility, because you know that DRM will obsolete your
analog SW receivers.

Gee, I've heard talk like that since I first was introduced to shortwave
radio in the mid 60's.

Acting like this, at your age - geeze !

My age? Heck, I'm still fairly young, not even 55 yet.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Another one of my many site NIM BUSTER SUCKS! N9OGL General 0 January 27th 06 06:16 AM
AKC's gayness AKC Master Control CB 13 May 8th 04 01:52 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM