Old July 20th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD article from Radio World

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's telling that he chooses to post his crap here rather than in
alt.radio.broadcasting or some obviously more suitable group. My guess
is that he's a troll, but he's definitely either trolling or selling.
Maybe both...who knows?

alt.radio.broadcasting is a pretty dead group. Most AM & FM radio discussion
is on www.radio-info.com.

However , the HD discussion came up here, and I think it important, and fun
most of the time, to see the impressions of HD from a different
perspective... most of which here seems to be, as natural, how it interferes
with the activities of DXers and not on its benefits to the radio industry.

Old July 20th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's telling that he chooses to post his crap here rather than in
alt.radio.broadcasting or some obviously more suitable group. My guess
is that he's a troll, but he's definitely either trolling or selling.
Maybe both...who knows?

alt.radio.broadcasting is a pretty dead group. Most AM & FM radio discussion
is on www.radio-info.com.

You might want to check alt.radio.broadcasting again. I see plenty of
posts there from this week. Maybe things are starting to hop over
there.

However , the HD discussion came up here, and I think it important, and fun
most of the time, to see the impressions of HD from a different
perspective... most of which here seems to be, as natural, how it interferes
with the activities of DXers and not on its benefits to the radio industry.

My guess is you saw it for what it is: an easy opportunity to generate
some kind (any kind) of controversy. That's what trolls do.

Old July 20th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David Frackelton Gleason, putting on airs as 'Eduardo', the fake Hispanic since
c.2000 wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Oh, look. It is a bigot masquerading as a bad DXer.

Bigot?

You're a member of La Raza and you've got the nerve to call me a bigot.

Being of "La Raza" means being a working class, blue collar Mexican. I am
not that.

- I _am_ a member of the National Council of la Raza,
- which uses a totally different meaning for the term.

DE - And What Would That 'different' Meaning Be ? ? ? ~ RHF

It is the meaning given by vasconcelos, the brilliant writer and philosopher
who said that a cosmic race ("raza cósmica") would emerge, in which there
were no color lines and all were members of one race.. the human race.

Was the writer so brilliant that capitalization of his name was unimportant?

"Raza" in Spanish means race as it doe sin English, but it aso means: breed
(as in horses, dogs, etc), brotherhood (as in commonality of a group),
people (as in "we the people") and even a crack in a piece of marble. Today,
among Mexican immigrants, "raza" means brotherhood primarily.

Most folks soon discover that La Raza is a very bigoted organization. Do a
little research.

Frankly I'm surprised that the would allow a non-Hispanic such as yourself to
join.

Did you join La Raza about the same time that you became a fake Hispanic
(c.2000) and began using the 'Eduardo' shtick?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's telling that he chooses to post his crap here rather than in
alt.radio.broadcasting or some obviously more suitable group. My guess
is that he's a troll, but he's definitely either trolling or selling.
Maybe both...who knows?

Butt kicked too many times in alt.radio.broadcasting?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 20th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's telling that he chooses to post his crap here rather than in
alt.radio.broadcasting or some obviously more suitable group. My guess
is that he's a troll, but he's definitely either trolling or selling.
Maybe both...who knows?

alt.radio.broadcasting is a pretty dead group. Most AM & FM radio
discussion
is on www.radio-info.com.

You might want to check alt.radio.broadcasting again. I see plenty of
posts there from this week. Maybe things are starting to hop over
there.

Three posts average per day, including a librarian form Boston, is hardly
hopping.

My guess is you saw it for what it is: an easy opportunity to generate
some kind (any kind) of controversy. That's what trolls do.

I think it is an interesting opportunity to discuss where there are
differing opinions.

Old July 20th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Butt kicked too many times in alt.radio.broadcasting?

There has never been much traffic on that ng. It is all on
www.radio-info.com

Old July 21st 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

Steve wrote:
dxAce wrote:
David Frackelton Gleason, putting on airs as 'Eduardo', the fake
Hispanic since c.2000 wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Steve

For "DE" posting here or anywhere allows him to refine his skills and
arguments and exposes him to 'other' view points that he may not see
in a professional setting. { Doing Research In-the-Rough }

Will It Play in Peoria ? -and- Can It Become a Hit On Broadway ? [
Broad Appeal -vice- Critical Acclaim ]

and that's the way i see it ~ RHF

Well it's not working.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 21st 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Modern AM "HD" {IBOC} Digital Radio - AM Dxer's are on the Extreme and Technology has Marginalized Us !

In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

AM Dxer's are on the Extreme and Technology has Marginalized Us.
We are in the Twilight Zone of . . . Modern AM "HD" {IBOC} Digital
Radio somewhere between Six Sigma and Infinity [.] ~ RHF

AM dxers on the xtreme ??

When my neighbours telly is on, I can't dig further into the noise .. ;-)

When there is noise on your radio, does your body feel the electricity
around ??

what would be extreme ?? sit on an island, away from electricity and
even digital camera's too (put your camera close to your receiver and
listen to the noise ..)

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/bwnl.htm
Old July 21st 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

switcher wrote:
In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

AM Dxer's are on the Extreme and Technology has Marginalized Us.
We are in the Twilight Zone of . . . Modern AM "HD" {IBOC} Digital
Radio somewhere between Six Sigma and Infinity [.] ~ RHF

AM dxers on the xtreme ??

When my neighbours telly is on, I can't dig further into the noise .. ;-)

When there is noise on your radio, does your body feel the electricity
around ??

what would be extreme ?? sit on an island, away from electricity and
even digital camera's too (put your camera close to your receiver and
listen to the noise ..)

We had one member here, some years ago, who took his Drake SW-2 out
of town, found a stretch of Interstate highway with a steel guard rail,
and connected to that for what became an approximation of a Beverage
that was, in one case, about 12 miles long. He reported some
interesting results

Old July 21st 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

switcher wrote:
In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

[...]

Overkill? Wonder what the beamwidth would be on something like that length vs.
frequency would be?

That's a good question. He did report some occasional noise issues.
But some nice MW and SW captures.

It certainly was a unique innovation.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 21st 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:
switcher wrote:
In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

[...]

I bet the guard rail didn't remain very straight across an expanse of
roughly twelve miles (though you could find relatively straight guard
rails of that length in some places).