Old July 18th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WOULD YOU.........

buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Old July 18th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

oh, I forgot, he can't even spell TEN-TEC !!!!!!

Old July 18th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Put your thinking cap on. This is obviously for sale by one of those outfits that cruises about looking for stuff to
sell. Probably know nothing about radio.

There is no reserve on the radio, and it is currently at $909.00.

Could be a good deal for someone who might figure that even if there is something wrong with it, they can still get it
serviced, up and running, for a very good price vs. the cost of a new one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 18th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:
buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmm...the ad doesn't specify whether this receiver has been
'cleansed'. I'd want to inquire about that.

Old July 18th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well,who knows? it might be a great/good working radio.Would you sell a
late model car with all of those computerized gadgets and fancy
thingamajiggys and you dont have the proper testing/dianostic equipment?
Well,eveything on the car lights up ok and the car runs ok.It''s good to
go.There is an old saying,Buyer,Beware,or Caveat Emptor.
cuhulin

Old July 18th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

mike maghakian wrote:

buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Put your thinking cap on. This is obviously for sale by one of those outfits that cruises about looking for stuff to
sell. Probably know nothing about radio.

There is no reserve on the radio, and it is currently at $909.00.

Could be a good deal for someone who might figure that even if there is something wrong with it, they can still get it
serviced, up and running, for a very good price vs. the cost of a new one.

Up to $1525.00 now.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 18th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:08:55 -0700, "mike maghakian"
wrote:

buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Well, at least Ten-Tec is in business and services everything they
have made.

Unless it's been struck by lightning or something, it might be okay --
but obviously a gamble. I guess it'd depend on how close the auction
gets to $4 grand.

bob
k5qwg

Old July 18th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

mike maghakian wrote:

buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Put your thinking cap on. This is obviously for sale by one of those outfits that cruises about looking for stuff to
sell. Probably know nothing about radio.

There is no reserve on the radio, and it is currently at $909.00.

Could be a good deal for someone who might figure that even if there is something wrong with it, they can still get it
serviced, up and running, for a very good price vs. the cost of a new one.

Up to $1525.00 now.

Oh, by the way... I had the use of one for a month. Nice enough radio, but certainly not a nice enough radio to justify the
price tag. No way.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B.
70' and 200' wires and Eavesdropper trap dipole.
GE Superadio II and III
BC895XLT and PRO-2045 scanners

Old July 18th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last night,I held the ladder for that 31 year old divorced brunette
woman next door (she lost the keys to that house) while she crawled
through that kitchen window.(she looked like a frog,going through there)
She said she only came back over there to get that dart board.Then she
got her breast area naked.She has a boygriend (not me) and she was
loaded drunk.I came on over back to my house.She has a big nice tattoo
on her butt.
cuhulin

Old July 18th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

buy a $4000 receiver from someone who has a rating worse than radio-mart and
can't even test it ???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tentac-RX-340-HF...QQcmdZViewItem

Well, at least Ten-Tec is in business and services everything they
have made.

Unless it's been struck by lightning or something, it might be okay --
but obviously a gamble. I guess it'd depend on how close the auction
gets to $4 grand.

The radio I bought from that particular seller had a street price (when
new, in 1982, with options) of $10 grand. Of course I didn't pay that
much, my actual price was a very tiny percentage of the new price, but
I still regarded it as a large chunk of money.

Tim.