Old July 22nd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC Crap News

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

AM in rated markets can give you an idea of what is happening. In the 7
years since Fall 1998 to the Winter, 2006, AM in Los Angeles has gone
from
just under 24% of listening to 17%. That is a loss of about 30% of AM
listening in that period, or about 3% a year.

At the same time, the average age of AM listeners has crept up by over 5
years, and most of the listeners are in age groups that are of no
interest
to most advertisers.

None of this is news, you idiot.

I see. I fit is not news, what is the average share for AM in san Francisco?
El Paso? Atlanta? And what was it 8 years ago?

I see. You did not know. It _is_ news, but you are in denial that something
must be done.

What you and your marketing buddies
are wanting to do to AM is worse than its simply dying!

I see. taking something that is doing very poorly and not doing anything
would be the rightr step?

I know no such thing. I know that AM has great potential with HD if the
roll
out of receivers (7 new ones announced this week, including a $149 after
market car radio) comes fast enough and stations promote it enough.

You are a liar and a troll.

A troll says something outrageous.

I am saying that new radios are coming out, and the price is going down.
True. Not outrageous.

I am saying that there are over 2000 stations comitted to HD, and there are
new HD 2 channels going on the air daily. . True. Not otrageous.

I am saying AM will die if the current trend continues another 5 years. This
is also true, and quite frightening.

Being a realist, I know that AM, where I started in radio, is a 90 year
old
medium and will definitely die if we do not improve it in a way that is
palpable by the listener, especially the under-45 crowd.

If it's put into the hands of scum like you, it will die immediately.
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.

Old July 22nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', fake Hispanic since c.2000,
blew
it out his prancing rear when he wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Beat you by about 5 years.

But in that case I was younger, prancer! Are you still licensed?

Nope. I lost interest the more I got into higher powered AM and FM
transmitters.

This of course was way before you became interested in becoming a fake
Hispanic?

No, I was not building any transmitters in 1947.

Of course not.

But what does that have to do with you becoming a fake Hispanic c.2000?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 22nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

There is something very wrong and sick about you as shown by your
need to
say something negative about nearly everyone you respond to.
Canadians,
owners of R-75's, folks of certain political points of view, etc.,
etc.

What _is_ your problem?

Prancers_such_as_yourself.

You claim I am gay.

Once again, ****stain, where did I make that claim?

Answer the question... (epithet exorcised)

The term "prancer" is a common demeaning term for gays.

Once again, ****stain, when did I claim you were gay?

One last chance, prancer!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 22nd 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', fake Hispanic since c.2000 wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

Nothing wrong with the technology, 'tard boy. AM (MW) comes in just fine here.
And it comes in even better without the HD/IBOC QRM.

Go shill your wares elsewhere.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 22nd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

There is something very wrong and sick about you as shown by your need
say something negative about nearly everyone you respond to.
Canadians,
owners of R-75's, folks of certain political points of view, etc.,
etc.

What _is_ your problem?

Prancers_such_as_yourself.

You did not answer the question. You claim I am gay. Yet another insult
totally devoid of proof, evidence or relevance, in your attempt to be
Big-Man-On-Newsgroup.

If you're unhappy with your treatment in this group, feel free to troll
elsewhere.

As I said before, HD is a significant change in the way DXers will pursue
their hobby in the future. This is irrespective of whether I am in
broadcasting; I am a DXer and have been for about 48 years.

If you've been a DXer for about 48 years then why didn't you understand my
comments about Radio Difusora being on 4915?

Any 'good' DXer would have known exactly what I was posting about.

LMFAO at the prancing poseur, yet again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 22nd 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The
decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.

Nothing wrong with the technology, 'tard boy. AM (MW) comes in just fine
here.
And it comes in even better without the HD/IBOC QRM.

There is everything wrong with the technology. It sounds so inferior that
nobody who "grew up" on FM will touch it, as it is irritating. Two
generations now have no use for AM. The only users, like you, are old farts
who do not look at the future or have lost most of their hearing.

Old July 22nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

The term "radio difusora" means "radio station" and if there is nothing
after the term, it is totally generic. "Radio Difusora Fluminense" would be
"River Radio." Plain "radio difusora" is not specific to any radio station
and can be applied to any radio station in the world... "radio difusora
WABC" is WABC radio in New York. Obviously, DX nâo fala português.

Any 'good' DXer would have known exactly what I was posting about.

The term is generic to every radio staiton in the world.

Old July 22nd 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David 'Prancer' Eduardo, poster boy for those kicked out of Ecuador wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The
decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.

Nothing wrong with the technology, 'tard boy. AM (MW) comes in just fine
here.
And it comes in even better without the HD/IBOC QRM.

There is everything wrong with the technology. It sounds so inferior that
nobody who "grew up" on FM will touch it, as it is irritating. Two
generations now have no use for AM. The only users, like you, are old farts
who do not look at the future or have lost most of their hearing.

Hey, old fart! My hearing is just fine, been tested. It's great! I always wore
earplugs.

Stuff your panty hose in it, Edweenie!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 22nd 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The
decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.

Nothing wrong with the technology, 'tard boy. AM (MW) comes in just
fine
here.
And it comes in even better without the HD/IBOC QRM.

There is everything wrong with the technology. It sounds so inferior that
nobody who "grew up" on FM will touch it, as it is irritating. Two
generations now have no use for AM. The only users, like you, are old
farts
who do not look at the future or have lost most of their hearing.

Hey, old fart! My hearing is just fine, been tested. It's great! I always
wore
earplugs.

That must have made the DXing difficult. Unless you made it up. Another
paper DXer.

Are you related to Monferini?

Old July 22nd 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

1947? I lived for one year in Martinsville,Indiana in 1947.At that age,I
didn't know what a transmitter was.My older brother and I was standing
in line in that little park in Martinsville,it was near Christmas time
and Santa Clause was handing out free bits of candy to all of the snot
nosed kids in Martinsville.Brother said,let's go through the line again.
cuhulin

Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
Fake news from Washington Joel Rubin Shortwave 26 February 24th 05 02:57 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
The AM IBOC mess is yet to begin... WBRW Broadcasting 1 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM