Old July 22nd 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC Crap News

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

AM in rated markets can give you an idea of what is happening. In the 7
years since Fall 1998 to the Winter, 2006, AM in Los Angeles has gone
from
just under 24% of listening to 17%. That is a loss of about 30% of AM
listening in that period, or about 3% a year.

At the same time, the average age of AM listeners has crept up by over 5
years, and most of the listeners are in age groups that are of no
interest
to most advertisers.

None of this is news, you idiot.

I see. I fit is not news, what is the average share for AM in san Francisco?
El Paso? Atlanta? And what was it 8 years ago?

I see. You did not know. It _is_ news, but you are in denial that something
must be done.

Wrong again, fool.

What you and your marketing buddies
are wanting to do to AM is worse than its simply dying!

I see. taking something that is doing very poorly and not doing anything
would be the rightr step?

Doing nothing would be better than what you're doing. That's for sure.

I know no such thing. I know that AM has great potential with HD if the
roll
out of receivers (7 new ones announced this week, including a $149 after
market car radio) comes fast enough and stations promote it enough.

You are a liar and a troll.

A troll says something outrageous.

Everything you say is outrageous.

I am saying that new radios are coming out, and the price is going down.
True. Not outrageous.

I am saying that there are over 2000 stations comitted to HD, and there are
new HD 2 channels going on the air daily. . True. Not otrageous.

Oh, gee, we'd have no idea were it not for you. Get a grip, Ding Dong.

I am saying AM will die if the current trend continues another 5 years. This
is also true, and quite frightening.

Being a realist, I know that AM, where I started in radio, is a 90 year
old
medium and will definitely die if we do not improve it in a way that is
palpable by the listener, especially the under-45 crowd.

If it's put into the hands of scum like you, it will die immediately.
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.

That's like "correcting" someone's crooked teeth by blowing their head
off.

You're a liar, a fool, a troll and a one of the few men I've ever known
who is accurate described by the term "bitch". Go ahead troll, troll
your little heart out.

Old July 22nd 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

There is something very wrong and sick about you as shown by your
need to
say something negative about nearly everyone you respond to.
Canadians,
owners of R-75's, folks of certain political points of view, etc.,
etc.

What _is_ your problem?

Prancers_such_as_yourself.

You claim I am gay.

Once again, ****stain, where did I make that claim?

Answer the question... (epithet exorcised)

The term "prancer" is a common demeaning term for gays.

If you can't take the heat, go troll some other newsgroup. Loser.

Old July 23rd 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.broadcasting

David Eduardo,

Why don't you come over to our group. We would love to chat with you
and learn more about IBOC. Just come on over and forget about
rec.radio.shortwave.

Old July 23rd 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.broadcasting

wrote in message
oups.com...
David Eduardo,

Why don't you come over to our group. We would love to chat with you
and learn more about IBOC. Just come on over and forget about
rec.radio.shortwave.

The average postings on alt.radio.broadcastings are less than 100 per month.
Pretty dull group.

Old July 23rd 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

If it's put into the hands of scum like you, it will die immediately.
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The
decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.

That's like "correcting" someone's crooked teeth by blowing their head
off.

You're a liar, a fool, a troll and a one of the few men I've ever known
who is accurate described by the term "bitch". Go ahead troll, troll
your little heart out.

Well, over $300,000,000 has already been spent on HD installs. There is no
lie in stating that HD is happening, and there is a major commitment by
every large broadcaster except Salem to the technology. There is also great
concern about preventing the loss of AM, and HD is being emplyed as the ONLY
solution.

If you think this is exaggeration, trolling, a lie or whatever, you are
simply trying to cover the sky with you hand.

Old July 23rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.broadcasting

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
David Eduardo,

Why don't you come over to our group. We would love to chat with you
and learn more about IBOC. Just come on over and forget about
rec.radio.shortwave.

The average postings on alt.radio.broadcastings are less than 100 per month.
Pretty dull group.

Your posts should fit right in, then.

Old July 23rd 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

You mean you're trying to pull the wool over our eyes, don't you? You
are a liar and a shill. Like I said, thinking you can 'save' AM with HD
is like thinking you can "correct" a toothache by blowing the person's
head off. Any one who denies this is simply afraid to face stark
realities.

Old July 23rd 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David,

Although I have my own problems with the closed little marketing bubble of
which you seem to be an avatar, I have admired the way you have refused to
rise to the bilious persoanal attacks to which you have been subjected in
this and other fora.

You have always seemed to be a guy with whom I might wish to have lunch,
should you be in the Bay Area.

Don't let dxie get to you now.

Norm

"David Eduardo" wrotf:

"dxAce" wrote in message

You, on the other hand, are a simply a nutcase with a radio waiting for
the
VA to discover you ought to be kept under close watch in a facility.

And you are simply a prancing fake Hispanic.

Your keyboard is stuck. It keeps producing the same response, no matter what
the subject.t

Old July 23rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
ps.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

The problem with AM, in everybody's proprietary research, is that the sound
is such a barrier that nobody in the most recent two generations will listen
to it. Until the sound is "fixed" there is no way to prevent the decline,
ageing and eventual obsolescence of AM. Already, 75% of the band's listeners
are over the age that advertisers are interested in.

In LA, which is actually a heavier user of AM than many markets, less than
10% of the 12-24 listening is to AM. In 12-34, it is 6%, with 6 different
FMs each having more 12-34 listening than the entire AM band in that age
group.

You didn't know that, did you!

Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
Fake news from Washington Joel Rubin Shortwave 26 February 24th 05 02:57 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
The AM IBOC mess is yet to begin... WBRW Broadcasting 1 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM