Old August 17th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

Default FA: Galaxy GT-550, CW filter, PS/speaker all MINT!!

You can view here if interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019

Old August 17th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article ,
"Dave Edwards" wrote:

You can view here if interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...63&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

You have this listed as a Transceiver, but I don't see a receiver section.

Why include a 300 Hz. Receiver CW filter with just a transmitter?

By the way, it's really greedy of you to have a separate auction for it's
required power supply.

Old August 18th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article
,
"Dave Edwards" wrote:

You can view here if interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...63&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

You have this listed as a Transceiver, but I don't see a receiver section.

Why include a 300 Hz. Receiver CW filter with just a transmitter?

By the way, it's really greedy of you to have a separate auction for it's
required power supply.

Yeah, and to not address shipping in the auction. . . I don't bid on
anything that does not address shipping costs.

Old August 18th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article
,
"Dave Edwards" wrote:

You can view here if interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...63&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

You have this listed as a Transceiver, but I don't see a receiver section.

Why include a 300 Hz. Receiver CW filter with just a transmitter?

He has it listed as a transceiver because it IS a transceiver. I have three
here, and have restored two others- and I must say his auction is for the
cleanest one I have ever seen.
As for listing the P.S. separately, this seems to be standard procedure.
Many BA collectors have HP-23's, 117XC's etc that they use interchangeably
on these rigs, so the factory supply may or may not be required. If I did
not need the supply, I sure woud not want to be paying shipping on it.

Dale W4OP

Old August 18th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Dale Parfitt wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article
,
"Dave Edwards" wrote:

You can view here if interested.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...63&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

You have this listed as a Transceiver, but I don't see a receiver section.

Why include a 300 Hz. Receiver CW filter with just a transmitter?

He has it listed as a transceiver because it IS a transceiver. I have three
here, and have restored two others- and I must say his auction is for the
cleanest one I have ever seen.
As for listing the P.S. separately, this seems to be standard procedure.
Many BA collectors have HP-23's, 117XC's etc that they use interchangeably
on these rigs, so the factory supply may or may not be required. If I did
not need the supply, I sure woud not want to be paying shipping on it.

Dale W4OP

I had wondered if there was some confusion on the part of the previous
poster, since "Galaxy" nowadays seems to be a brand name for CB type
things, though I have no idea if there's any connection to the original.

Off hand, I couldn't think of any transmitter from the real Galaxy. They
had that really fancy receiver in the late sixties, the R-350 or whatever,
and they had transceivers, but I can't picture any transmitters.

Michael VE2BVW

Old August 18th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

"Michael Black" wrote in message
ample.org...
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Dale Parfitt wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article
,
"Dave Edwards" wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael,

I don't know of any TX either. The R350 and R1350 are both fine receivers,
but no stand alone TX that I am aware of.

In later years, the CB industry hijacked the Galaxy name and continue to
churn out "10M" rigs.

Dale W4OP

Old August 18th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

On 8/18/08 8:04 AM, in article _bgqk.170$482.103@trnddc06, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 8/17/08 6:29 AM, in article
,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6663&ssPa geN
am
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

You have this listed as a Transceiver, but I don't see a receiver section.

Why include a 300 Hz. Receiver CW filter with just a transmitter?

He has it listed as a transceiver because it IS a transceiver. I have three
here, and have restored two others- and I must say his auction is for the
cleanest one I have ever seen.
As for listing the P.S. separately, this seems to be standard procedure.
Many BA collectors have HP-23's, 117XC's etc that they use interchangeably
on these rigs, so the factory supply may or may not be required. If I did
not need the supply, I sure woud not want to be paying shipping on it.

Dale W4OP

Thanks for squaring me up. It's surprising there are no designated knobs on
the front for receive functions, not even a RIT, but a peek at the schematic
makes it clear.

Old August 18th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

"Don Bowey" wrote in message Thanks for squaring me
up. It's surprising there are no designated knobs on
the front for receive functions, not even a RIT, but a peek at the
schematic
makes it clear.

Don't feel bad, the first I asked myself was "where's the AFG,
IFG, etc. controls????" Pete

Old August 19th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap

"Tio Pedro" wrote in message

"Don Bowey" wrote in message Thanks for squaring
me up. It's surprising there are no designated knobs on
the front for receive functions, not even a RIT, but a peek at the
schematic
makes it clear.

Don't feel bad, the first I asked myself was "where's the AFG,
IFG, etc. controls????" Pete

I have often felt this may have been an oversight on Galaxy's part, that
perhaps the AF and RF gain control text was left off the silk screen- and
simply never got added. Or, As you can see, the controls are so close to the
top that there is no room at the top for the text. They barely had room to
sneak in the "mic" text between the mic gain and RF gain controls.

Now that I have found my "keeper" BA transceiver- a Hallicrafters Cyclone
and remote VFO, I'll likely be selling my Galaxys' as they no longer seem to
get used.

Dale W4OP