Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1st 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default wtb an older inexpensive used hf radio

Good Morning Penny:

I couldn’t agree more with Tom's comments below.

Chances are there is an Amateur Radio Club near you, no matter where
you're located. The following link will take you to the "ARRL's
Affiliated Club Search"

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/club/clubsearch.phtml

Good luck in your efforts, it's a wonderful thing that you're doing.

All The Best

Tom G, Sr.

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 08:50:03 -0500, Thomas Laus

On 2009-07-31, penny wrote:

i know nothing about radios myself.I am a nurse and take care of an
elderly man who is a Advanced class lic holder,who sold off his stuff
when he moved into an apartment. He with my aid has ben granted
permition to install and ant.and operate an radio from his apantment.he
is not a wealthy man and he is pritty much home bound. I was asked by
him to find him a solid state hf radio ther are no dealers in my area
that i can find and no one i know knows anything about them if anyone
has one for sale please let me know i will check on here when i can
thank you......
penny

Penny:

It would help to know where you and the elderly man live. There is
always a lot of good hf radios available in most areas of the country.
Take a look at the arrl.org web site and see if there is a local radio
club in your area. All of the ARRL clubs have a contact person that you
can ask about any local 'good deals'. They should also be able to help
with antenna installations and routing the feedline into the elderly
man's apartment.

Tom