Old October 30th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default HCRA Auction - coming next Friday, November 6th

Hey folks, only a week until the Auction. Are you ready? Here’s a brief
update about what to expect on November 6th.

We have been very lucky this year and have acquired a lot of donated
items (but we could use more – hint, hint). Up on the auction block this
coming Friday will be a wide assortment of ham radio, computer and audio
items that would look good in any shack. We have a Yaesu FT-747gx
(tested and working FB), dual band HT’s, single band HT’s, a GPS unit,
weather station, a Slingbox, audio amps, tape decks, tablet computers, a
telescope, zip drives, PDA’s, wire, cables, antennas and more. I guess
you could say we have everything from A (antennas) to Z (Zip drives).
All items are owned by HCRA so all the proceeds will benefit our club.

This year we are instituting a minimum bid of $1 on every item. This is
an effort to move the auction good more quickly and was a suggestion
from one of our members. The auctioneers will also be mixing up the
presentation a bit to keep things interesting throughout the entire
evening. The hall opens at 6:00 PM for sellers and we plan on starting
promptly at 7:00 PM. Also speeding up the process this year will be a
computerized system to keep track of sales (thanks to W1SQ).

New this year will be J&J Hot Dogs! Jim, K1JAW and his assistant Jack,
K1JAB will be steamin’ and servin’ until the dogs are gone. Thanks to
both of them for volunteering to keep our stomachs full while we are
emptying our pockets. It’s always easier to spend money on a full belly!

Tickets are selling fast for the VX0150R HT, this year’s raffle prize.
We will have tickets available during the auction and will hold the
raffle around 9:00 PM or so. A $1 donation could make you the big winner!

Buying, selling or something in-between there’s something for everyone
at the HCRA Auction. Bring along a friend and have some fun this coming
Friday!

’73…

Jim, KK1W
Old October 31st 09, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Hi,
It is very nice that you are advertising an auction on this site.
However, the auction could be anywhere in the world, since you did not
tell us where it is. The fact that your callsign is in "1" land, and
the second callsign also has a "1" probably implies that your auction is
somewhere in the New England area. However, you both could have moved
to Florida, Texas, Hawaii, etc., and your auction could be there.

Old October 31st 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ed Ed is offline

Hi,
It is very nice that you are advertising an auction on this site.
However, the auction could be anywhere in the world, since you did not
tell us where it is. The fact that your callsign is in "1" land, and
the second callsign also has a "1" probably implies that your auction
is somewhere in the New England area. However, you both could have
moved to Florida, Texas, Hawaii, etc., and your auction could be
there.

Fully agree with your comments, but a simple Google of the term " HCRA
Auction " did bring up where this is located. Too bad the poster did not
bother to put it in his post, though.

Ed

..

Old November 1st 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Sorry guys, I usually include the address in the subject but pressing
the send button got ahead of my typing last night.

At least I know someone actually reads the newsgroups, I was starting to
wonder.

Hopefully some folks in range of Feeding Hills, MA (near Springfield)
can come down and have some fun.

More info at: http://www.hcra.org

'73...

Jim, KK1W