Old October 5th 03, 01:35 PM
tk

You can bet they'll want your bank account number to "direct deposit" the money
!

Ted in Atlanta KD4EE

N5XXM wrote:

I have always wondered, with these guys, you get the check, cash it, and
never give them anything, steal from them the same way they steal from the
people that they got the money from.... then he sent you a "gift"... wonder
if that would be illegal too???

"Ron H" wrote in message
I just recieved a reply to an ad to sell my Kenwood TS940SAT that I have
listed on qth.comfor $725 + Shipping.

A man identifing himself as "John Daniels" from London England
offered to buy it but stated that a debtor of his living in the US
would send me a check in the amount of $5,000.00. He stated that I was to
cash the check and deduct the price of my radio and shipping and foreward
him the radio as well as the ballance of the $5,000
buck's....
I might have been born at Night however it wasn't last night.
I just wanted to give everyone a head's up on this guy.
tnx
Ron Hisserich
N0PIR

HAMS...be aware of the AFRICAN diamond email scam, heres some info and diamond quality scam jack smith General 14 May 7th 04 12:51 AM
Scam Scam Scam ! -Rev Jones Antenna 3 February 10th 04 07:47 PM
SCAM SCAM SCAM ! -Rev Jones Boatanchors 3 February 7th 04 01:57 AM
Buyer Seller Beware Scam Alert Its Me Again ! Scanner 3 October 29th 03 07:37 PM
Beware of $2 of RSGB Sign Up Scam Scam Alert Policy 0 July 18th 03 05:02 AM