Old October 25th 03, 09:58 PM
Dan Conti

Default BEWARE ! eBay scammer

Beware of a person using the name Mike Alonzo with an address in McKees
Rocks, PA. This person is buying radio equipment on eBay and then sending
counterfeit, fraudulent cashier's checks drawn on Commerce Bank in PA.

The e-mail address he used is

and his eBay user name is : mikealonzo

If anyone has had similar dealing with this guy, or more info., please
contact me via private e-mail.

Dan

Old October 26th 03, 12:00 AM
jeff

In article , "Dan Conti" wrote:
Beware of a person using the name Mike Alonzo with an address in McKees
Rocks, PA. This person is buying radio equipment on eBay and then sending
counterfeit, fraudulent cashier's checks drawn on Commerce Bank in PA.

The e-mail address he used is

and his eBay user name is : mikealonzo

If anyone has had similar dealing with this guy, or more info., please
contact me via private e-mail.

Dan

Dan,are we a BIT safer taking Pay Pal only for ebay?
Thats what I started doing
How have you been?

Jeff
Ham Station
Old October 26th 03, 12:06 AM
Bill

I think the only NEARLY safe method is to accept postal MO's ONLY. No one in
their right mind wants the federales after them for bogus MO's and mail
fraud....

Old October 26th 03, 01:27 AM
Mike Beauchamp

From my experience, PayPal has it's fair share of scams.
A lot of people using stolen PayPal accounts to try to pay for stuff, etc.
My friend once received an email that claimed it was from Paypal, he was
smart enough to realize it wasn't. It asked people to "verify" their
account, because they were deleting inactive accounts. Clicking on a link
brought them to a website that asked for their user ID, password, even
credit card number and interac pin number!!

My friend and I just sat there refreshing the .txt file all the info got
dumped into (by looking at the source) and watched it fill up with
legitimate credit card numbers and paypal accounts.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

"jeff" wrote in message
In article , "Dan Conti"

Old October 26th 03, 01:57 AM
Mike Lookinland

Beware of a person using the name Mike Alonzo with an address in McKees
Rocks, PA. This person is buying radio equipment on eBay and then sending
counterfeit, fraudulent cashier's checks drawn on Commerce Bank in PA.

So put that in the guy's feedback file and report it to Ebay. Then no
warning is needed here, everyone should check the feedback file before doing
business with someone.

Old October 26th 03, 01:59 AM
Mike Lookinland

Dan,are we a BIT safer taking Pay Pal only for ebay?

LOL! go to paypalwarning.com

Can't believe anyone would use that after all the news reports on TV warning about paypal I have
seen over the years.

Old October 26th 03, 01:46 AM
Dwayne

In article , wdecker1
@rochester.rr.com says...
I think the only NEARLY safe method is to accept postal MO's ONLY. No one in
their right mind wants the federales after them for bogus MO's and mail
fraud....

What does a mexican cop have to do with a postal mo and mail fraud?
--
Dwayne
Old October 26th 03, 04:49 AM
Dan Conti

So put that in the guy's feedback file and report it to Ebay.

I did...

Then no warning is needed here, everyone should check the feedback file
before doing business with someone.

Nice to see you speaking for everyone else here.

I posted here as a service to prevent someone else from being duped by this
guy either using eBay or not. But, if you say there is no need to post
here, then I'll refrain in the future, or at least check with you first.

Dan

Old October 26th 03, 05:31 AM
krackula

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:53:08 GMT, Nugatory
wrote:

Jeff wrote:

Dan,are we a BIT safer taking Pay Pal only for ebay?
Thats what I started doing
How have you been?

No, The only safe method is to obtain a USPS MO and upon receipt take it
to the PO and cash it. Once you have the money in your hands it now becomes
the USPS problem if it is fraudulent MO and they cash it.

using the USPS money orders to pay for ebay items is a good way to
do it , but they take up to 60 days to refund the purchase price if
you need to put in a claim. ( and have lots of refund conditions
etc. )

I have VERY successfully used convenience store money orders ....
7 -11 or Johnny Quick , etc. ... and had better experience with
them for getting your money back in the case of a scam. If you get
ripped off or scammed ( on ebay , for example ) simply filling out
the stub on those money orders ..even 2 / 3 months later than you
bought them , and sending it in to the address in a plain envelope
...... will get you a " no questions asked " refund in 7 to 10
days. Those companies have a VERY liberal policy for refunds ....
to keep their market share healthy .... and speaking from personal
experience .. I highly recommend them.

k.............
Old October 26th 03, 12:44 PM

Mike Lookinland wrote:

So put that in the guy's feedback file and report it to Ebay. Then no
warning is needed here, everyone should check the feedback file before doing
business with someone.

Ebay (Safe Harbor) doesn't care if you get ripped off or not as long as
they get their piece of the pie.
Ebay want you/us to pay $20 to their Safe Harbor division and all they
do is negiciate. The ending program is you will be out your money in the
end. Now that's from experience. It took 5 months to get my money
returned.

I had to go to the FBI to get a guy in Portland CT. to pay or be
arrested and prosecuted.

EBAY SELLERS BEWARE Bunia3 Shortwave 5 September 18th 04 02:31 PM
Slightly (OT) -- Ebay Scammer gets burned Stinger Shortwave 2 May 17th 04 06:44 AM
BEWARE ! eBay scammer Dan Conti Scanner 17 October 28th 03 05:07 AM
buyer beware ebay coal-76 Jerry Swap 3 October 19th 03 06:15 AM
WTB: Original box for Superadio II Frank Bals Shortwave 4 September 12th 03 02:14 PM