Old November 2nd 03, 01:47 AM
Tom Howley

Default FS: Pro-96 Digital Scanner by Radio Shack

I have a Radio Shack Pro-96 Serial #C012995 Catalog # 20-526 that I wish to
sell. It is in pristine condition and complete working order. I've decided I
don't need the digital capability in my area for the things I listen too, it
was mostly an impulse gadget purchase! Used a total of a few hours. Your
gain. Monitors the Michigan State Police very nicely at 9600 in my area!
This radio is just starting to show up in stores, why wait, you can have one
now and save a few bucks!

Here is what is included and it's original value:
$499.99 + tax Pro-96 with all the original items it came with (Unit,
Antenna, 2 battery cartridges, manuals and original packaging)
$5 Fresh set of AA Alkaline batteries
$30 Win96 programming software (fully registered and transferrable)
$15 2-way programming cable
$0 Slip showing date purchased and amount (for warranty)
$580 Total paid with tax

Im asking $520 firm + $10 (USD) Shipping and insurance to Continental US
(more to Alaska and Hawaii). I will accept US Postal Money Order or Cashiers
Check.

Thanks,

Tom Howley
N8LFZ

Old November 2nd 03, 01:55 AM
Dick & Jane Wells

Tom,

Being on a limited budget the best I could do is $400.

Best,
Rich

Old November 2nd 03, 02:47 PM
Richard

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:47:14 -0500, "Tom Howley"
wrote:

I have a Radio Shack Pro-96 Serial #C012995 Catalog # 20-526 that I wish to
sell. It is in pristine condition and complete working order. I've decided I
don't need the digital capability in my area for the things I listen too,

I am new to scanning, and I live in Europe where we do not have
such thing as a DIGITAL scanner. Could you please explain to me
what is a digital scanner ? What does it do that other scanners do
not ? Thanks.

Old November 2nd 03, 02:49 PM
VHFRadioBuff

I am new to scanning, and I live in Europe where we do not have
such thing as a DIGITAL scanner. Could you please explain to me
what is a digital scanner ? What does it do that other scanners do
not ? Thanks.

A lot of public safety agencies (police, in particular) are switching to
digital radio systems. Conventional scanners can not monitor these comms. These
overly expensive digital scanners can monitor them.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Old November 2nd 03, 05:01 PM
Rocinante

[...]

Take $50 off the price. It's used. Doesn't matter how little you used it.

--

Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

11/2/2003 11:59:05 AM

Old November 2nd 03, 06:08 PM
Tom Howley

In my haste, I posted an early revision of what is included for the price.
Note the correction of NI-MH batteries and the price have changed. Thanks to
all those who have enquired or commented!

I have a Radio Shack Pro-96 Serial #C012995 Catalog # 20-526 that I wish to
sell. It is in pristine condition and complete working order. I've
discovered I don't need the digital capability in my area for the things I
listen too. This was mostly an impulse gadget purchase! Used a total of a
few hours. Your gain. Monitors the Michigan State Police digital system very
nicely at 9600 in my area!

Get yours now and save $100 bucks over retail with one-stop shopping for the
entire package!

Here is what is included and it's original value:
$500 Pro-96 with all the original items it came with (Unit, Antenna, 2
battery cartridges, manuals and original packaging)
$20 Ni-MH AA Rechargeable batteries
$30 Win96 programming software (fully registered and transferrable)
$15 2-way programming cable
$0 Slip showing date purchased and amount (for warranty)
$600 Total paid with tax

Im asking $500 + $10 insured shipping to continental US. I will accept
payment by US Postal Money Order (preferred) or check (held until cleared).

Thanks,

Tom Howley
N8LFZ

Old November 2nd 03, 09:54 PM
Alex Devlin

On 02 Nov 2003, :-: NeWcS :-: wrote:

Why would you not take paypal?????

Thanx

Why would you?
http://www.paypalwarning.com/

--
Alex Devlin
The Ham & Scanner Enthusiast Forum - http://tinyurl.com/qvl7
Old November 2nd 03, 10:14 PM
Tom Howley

Mr Devlin hits it on the head. I prefer not to use Paypal for all of the
reasons listed on the www.paypalwarning.com website. I prefer a USPS money
order in the alternative. There is at most a few day delay in my shipping
the item.

Tom
N8LFZ

Old November 2nd 03, 10:41 PM
:-: NeWcS :-:

Give me a break!!!! That's why you don't leave your money on paypal,
transfer it as soon as you get it. Also tell me why that site hasn't been
updated in months and months????

Any ways!!!