Old November 19th 03, 01:31 AM
Jerry Oxendine

"Jon Van Allen" wrote in message
Okay, I give up. What's a pill? We all know CB'ers talk like they 'ain't

got
no skoolin'
but what the hell is a friggin pill?

Sheesh.

"H'it's sort uv lak them 'bird watts" thar, yah know whut ah mean thar,

Vern, shore thang thar, mercy me thar, guaran-tole yah thar".

A watt is a watt is a watt.

Oh, don't forget about coax length--ya gots to have multiple lengths of 6
feet and 3 foot jumpers fer the "leenyar" thar. LOL! snicker

"gw" wrote in message
om...
radioranch wrote in message

Home built 8 pill mobile amp, 160-10 meters . Lo drive works
at 15 in a kilowatt out. Not filtered so use only mobile
on Hi Q antenna.....Gauranteed no DOA and as stated...
$550 plus shipping firm....thanks Murray

cool, the radio ranch now offers cb amps. don't you just love it when
a plan comes together?

Old November 19th 03, 03:00 PM
becky

hi murray,

do I need a 10 gauge extension cord to plug it into my trailer for the
120 vac ????

beck

Old November 22nd 03, 04:44 PM

I was going to ask the same question.

Seriously!!!

What is a "PILL"?

Is it a watt?
Is is a ?

You never answered the question. Maybe you just don't know, that's it.

Old November 22nd 03, 05:44 PM
Ken Bessler

wrote in message ...
I was going to ask the same question.

Seriously!!!

What is a "PILL"?

Is it a watt?
Is is a ?

You never answered the question. Maybe you just don't know, that's it.

A "pill" is a final transistor - they are round and white.

10-4?

Old November 22nd 03, 08:50 PM
Ken Bessler

"radioranch" wrote in message
A PILL is what you need to take...cyanide would be nice!!

So..... I explain to Marylou what a pill is and you attack me?

Really gives an impression, Murray....

Old November 23rd 03, 03:55 PM

I thank you Ken for your explanation.

Not everyone knows the CB lingo terms. By the way, I have had my ham
ticket for over 35 years. That's when you had to take the test in front
of an agent from the FCC, not your next door neighbor.

I don't pay any attention to people that make rude comments. It only
shows their ignorance.

Old November 23rd 03, 05:55 PM
Ken Bessler

wrote in message ...
I thank you Ken for your explanation.

Not everyone knows the CB lingo terms. By the way, I have had my ham
ticket for over 35 years. That's when you had to take the test in front
of an agent from the FCC, not your next door neighbor.

I don't pay any attention to people that make rude comments. It only
shows their ignorance.

I've only been licensed 9 years but I'm glad I took the
CW test before it was castrated to 5wpm. I know
where you're coming from!

73's es gl de KG0WX

a page of motorola 2way 2 way portable and mobile radio history john private smith Policy 0 December 22nd 03 02:42 AM
FS: 16 pill mobile amp all 2879's Radioactive CB 0 October 27th 03 12:46 AM
HF Mobile Antennas Jerry Swap 1 September 10th 03 09:16 PM
FA: 32 Pill Mobile RF Burns CB 0 August 16th 03 05:34 PM
FS: 2 meter mobile & HT, VHF and UHF Commer. Radios Jim Wardrip Swap 0 July 9th 03 07:20 PM