Old November 22nd 03, 10:55 PM
Jmap702

Default MT-2000 Programming Problem

Hi: Has anyone ran into this problem, I tried to program some MT-2000 UHF
portable radios and had a message which stated "Code Plug New Version not for
this program" It seems that these radios were reprogrammed using an later
version software. My version was 1999 CPS R 01.09.00 Tuner R 01.01.00. This is
weird. Any suggestions? Also is the software for the MT-2000 the same as the
software for the MTS-2000? Thanks, Marty
Old November 23rd 03, 12:27 AM
R. Belcher

There are 2 versions there, I think... mtsx for DOS and a late windows CPS
version... you need mtsx sounds like. DOS version, for MT, MTS and MTX.
rb

PS: no, I don't. Sorry!

=

Old November 23rd 03, 02:42 AM
GIL9734

if you can get your hands on the "DEPOT LAB RSS" from some enterprising young
soul on the net, it will read / write any MT2000 or MTS2000 no matter what
version it was programmed with. You just have to be very very very careful
what you do with it since it's a "motorola only" version, it is capable of
changing nearly every setting in the radio, including some that, if changed
incorrectly will cause you to have a paperweight. Your best bet would be that
if you can get the depot lab, you read the codeplug, immediately write the
codeplug back into the radio, then go into your regular version of the rss and
do your business there.

Thomas