Old January 26th 04, 02:10 PM
Jmap702

Default EBAY Your Information Can Be Given To Law Enforcement

Look at this http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...?itemNo=264863

Old January 26th 04, 03:47 PM
dbn

Been there done that. eBay sent my infomation to a law enforcement unit
with even asking why they wanted it! It was ok by me but I never was told
anything until I asked one of the officers about the information source!!
DONT trust eBay with anything you dont want others to know!!!

Dan

If I am tired now, why do I have to RETIRE later?

Old January 27th 04, 04:38 AM
Doug and Cindy Deutsch

Hi Dan,

I just had over $500.00 charged to a VISA card that was ONLY used for
PayPal payments. Some guy purchased some PC items and charged it on my
card. Gee, I wonder how he and his cohorts got my name, address AND
VISA card number with exp date??? Lucky for me he left a paper trail a
blind man could follow. The police nailed the stooge (my apologizes to
Moe, Larry and Curly) who received the stolen items and than quickly
shipped them across the pond. However, he was just a lil idiot who was
to stupid to realize what he was doing.

I tried to contact PayPal and got the electronic email run-around. It
seems they don't want to know about a potential inside breech of their
security. Folk's would be well advised to check their statements very
carefully.

Oh well, I learned my lesson. I wouldn't trust PayPal or Ebay with my
personal data.

Take care,

Doug

Old January 28th 04, 02:58 AM
Bruce Markowitz

Well obviously you answered one of those scam emails and gave up your
info!