Old February 2nd 04, 07:02 PM
Old School

You never know, I have gotten a few rigs this way myself and the most
expensive was a Kenwood TS840 that was only brought in for lighting

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 01:12:20 -0800, "Sofie" wrote:

J. Yazel:
This is not a phenomena unique to Seattle...... all repair shops everywhere
have to deal with disposing of un-repaired and unclaimed electronics
equipment. Most shops can only keep a limited amount of "bone yard"
equipment to cannibalize...
.... and furthermore, it takes too much expensive labor time to search
through old equipment for used and questionable quality parts when a brand
new, unstressed part may be in stock or readily available..... Where ever
you are, check with your local repair shops, the smaller independents may be
easier to deal with.... most will gladly "donate" the scraps to you so they
won't have to spend money to haul them to the dump.

Old February 2nd 04, 08:12 PM
James Sweet

"Bob" wrote in message
I'm not looking for basket case units that are only for salvaging generic
parts. I want units that have a chance of being made operational but

repair
shops want too much to fix them.

I'm not looking for computer monitors; my interest is in transceivers and
other ham gear.

73, Bob K6DDX

Just call around to shops or put an ad in the local classifieds, ham gear
will be a lot harder to come by than other consumer electronics because most
hams are fairly technically knolegeable people but you never know.

Parts or broken rigs wanted Bob Homebrew 11 February 2nd 04 08:12 PM
Broken/parts rigs wanted Bob Swap 0 December 28th 03 04:17 AM
Broken rigs wanted Bob Homebrew 4 August 27th 03 11:41 PM
Broken rigs wanted Bob Swap 2 August 27th 03 11:41 PM
Broken rigs wanted Bob Homebrew 0 August 27th 03 06:20 PM