Old February 4th 04, 02:04 PM
Marty B.

Default Hi-Fi AudioPhiles... Called BAND HOGS

If you been on the HF bands for at least a Decade you will remember
the term "Lid" .
Now a new Term has arise, the Guy who is wide using the Wider Bandwidth
for audio is now called "BAND-HOGS" just a step above the classification
of the "Lid"

BAND-HOG is a guy who needs more than 3 kc to transmit in SSB
and thinking just of himself, and poor operating practice.

Old February 4th 04, 02:35 PM

In article ,
"Marty B." wrote:

If you been on the HF bands for at least a Decade you will remember
the term "Lid" .
Now a new Term has arise, the Guy who is wide using the Wider Bandwidth
for audio is now called "BAND-HOGS" just a step above the classification
of the "Lid"

BAND-HOG is a guy who needs more than 3 kc to transmit in SSB
and thinking just of himself, and poor operating practice.

Another whiner goes to the kill file.

Dale J.

Old February 4th 04, 05:49 PM
Ken Harris

"Marty B." wrote in message
If you been on the HF bands for at least a Decade you will remember
the term "Lid" .
Now a new Term has arise, the Guy who is wide using the Wider Bandwidth
for audio is now called "BAND-HOGS" just a step above the classification
of the "Lid"

BAND-HOG is a guy who needs more than 3 kc to transmit in SSB
and thinking just of himself, and poor operating practice.

Come On Marty.......poor operating practice??????, we usually have some of
the best equipment that can be put on the air....
poor baby, Marty sounds jealous of us who have better sounding rigs than
himself and have worked hard so that the people listening to us can enjoy a
room full of sound, you think all this hard work can be enjoyed by us???
hell, if I want to hear myself, I can just talk, but I want the people
listening to me on the radio to enjoy the conversation, so I work hard for
guys like you, ya lid!
.... hey dude... get something besides the Radio Shack C.B. Hand mic, and get
a real radio, and you can just shut the door on those guys.... there is
plenty of band to spare, get over it, whiney-ass!

73's,
and yours truly....
BAND HOG!

Old February 4th 04, 06:08 PM
rocky

In article ,
"Ken Harris" wrote:

"Marty B." wrote in message
[...]

Marty's got a compulsive obsessive disorder. He a persistant little
whiner and I am fed up with him and the likes of him so I kick their
little behinds (maybe big behinds..HAHA) into my kill file.

rocky

Old February 4th 04, 08:20 PM
Bob

I don't see a problem with those guys. In fact, they only occupy one or two
channels and talk about their equalizers without bothering anyone else. Now
and then I listen and chuckle at some of the things they do, but heck it's a
hobby and we are entitled to enjoy it.

There are far worse 'abuses' of ham radio out there. How do you feel about
DX stations using split operations, for instance? How about the foreign
broadcast stations on 40 meters? Jammers and other annoyances on 2 meters?
Profanity, when there are little kids listening? Religious nuts talking
about scriptures? Politics? Contests? Special event stations? Nets with
no purpose other than checking in and out and mentioning the weather?

I could go on. By far, the worst spectrum abusers are the contests. Every
weekend the bands are jammed with jerks giving phony signal reports
(everyone is 59) and leaving no space for ragchews unless one allows himself
to be pushed to a WARC band.

73, Bob

Old February 4th 04, 08:38 PM
M.D.

"Marty B." wrote in message
If you been on the HF bands for at least a Decade you will remember
the term "Lid" .
Now a new Term has arise, the Guy who is wide using the Wider Bandwidth
for audio is now called "BAND-HOGS" just a step above the classification
of the "Lid"

BAND-HOG is a guy who needs more than 3 kc to transmit in SSB
and thinking just of himself, and poor operating practice.

Hey Marty,

I paid for the equipment, I choose to use it any damn way I want. As long
as I am within the regs of what my license says, I don't care what whiners
like you think or say. I don't tell you how to run your radio, so don't
tell me how to run mine.

WAAAAAHHHH

Old February 4th 04, 08:58 PM
Brenda Ann

"M.D." wrote in message
. ..

"Marty B." wrote in message
If you been on the HF bands for at least a Decade you will remember
the term "Lid" .
Now a new Term has arise, the Guy who is wide using the Wider Bandwidth
for audio is now called "BAND-HOGS" just a step above the

classification
of the "Lid"

BAND-HOG is a guy who needs more than 3 kc to transmit in SSB
and thinking just of himself, and poor operating practice.

Hey Marty,

I paid for the equipment, I choose to use it any damn way I want. As long
as I am within the regs of what my license says, I don't care what whiners
like you think or say. I don't tell you how to run your radio, so don't
tell me how to run mine.

Do not the regs state maximum allowable bandwidth?

Old February 4th 04, 09:23 PM
M.D.

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

Do not the regs state maximum allowable bandwidth?

Here in Canada....6 KHz See:
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/insmt-gst.nsf/vwapj/ric2.PDF/$FILE/r
ic2.PDF

Old February 4th 04, 09:24 PM

In article ,
"Brenda Ann" wrote:

Do not the regs state maximum allowable bandwidth?

No!