Old July 12th 04, 06:58 PM
Rich W6VX

Default FA: Complete Hallicrafters AM Station-Mint!

Take a look at this station! One of the nicest I've seen in a long time.
Excellent cosmetics and perfect working order. Complete station includes
SX101 Receiver, HT32 Transmitter and HT33B Linear amp. Original speaker
included along with all original manuals.

See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll... STRK:MESE:IT

Old July 13th 04, 03:01 AM
Bob P

I had an HT32 and it was SSB & CW but I don't recall if it could generate
AM. Maybe low level AM modulation ?
Bob
kb8tl

k.net...

Old July 13th 04, 07:22 AM
Flwrite

Bob wrote...

if it could generate AM. Maybe low level AM modulation ?

I think one of those knobs were for nulling out the carrier. Since it had
tendency to transmit AM when you were trying for SSB, I assume it was
amenable to transmitting AM on purpose.

I used an HT32B for about a year, a couple decades ago. I think it was
supposed to be easier to keep its carrier nulled compared to the earlier
models (32, 32A). I remember getting good reports about carrier suppression
from some local hams, although I mostly used it on CW.

It replaced a DX-60B, so I would have considered it going backwards to put
it on AM, so I don't remember using it on AM at all. But I'll bet it had an
AM position. Yeayellow radio.

Best DX,
-Neil / ne3j-

Old July 13th 04, 10:27 AM

In article ,
"Flwrite" wrote:

Bob wrote...

if it could generate AM. Maybe low level AM modulation ?

I think one of those knobs were for nulling out the carrier. Since it had
tendency to transmit AM when you were trying for SSB, I assume it was
amenable to transmitting AM on purpose.

I used an HT32B for about a year, a couple decades ago. I think it was
supposed to be easier to keep its carrier nulled compared to the earlier
models (32, 32A). I remember getting good reports about carrier suppression
from some local hams, although I mostly used it on CW.

It replaced a DX-60B, so I would have considered it going backwards to put
it on AM, so I don't remember using it on AM at all. But I'll bet it had an
AM position. Yeayellow radio.

Best DX,
-Neil / ne3j-

I thought the 32 was a filter rig. The HT-37 was a phasing rig.

Dale j.

Old July 13th 04, 10:25 PM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:01:58 GMT, "Bob P" wrote:

I had an HT32 and it was SSB & CW but I don't recall if it could generate
AM. Maybe low level AM modulation ?
Bob
kb8tl

My booklet of Hallicrafters models (compiled by wd5eog) shows the
ht-32 with "144 watts pep, ssb-am-cw..." etectera, etcetera. No
details on the type of modulation. The ht-36 and ht-37 are also listed
as having am-cw-ssb. The ht-44 looks like the first Hallicrafters xmtr
that did only cw-ssb.

Bob
k5qwg

nk.net...

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Kenwood TS-570DG (Complete Station) Mint... MGALUVR Swap 3 December 18th 03 08:10 AM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM