Old August 21st 04, 03:21 AM
hunker down

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:03:08 -0600, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

A lot of time is being wasted with all of this bull. If you are finshed
using the restroom, wash your hands and go back to class or I'll send you to
the office.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Another post from the village idiot!!!
Old August 21st 04, 03:23 AM
hunker down

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:45:52 -0600, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

Thank you once again for you usual "fatherly" advice, Tracy "I am the
conscience of cox.net" Fort, still trying to master Forte Agent 1.93 etc and
stlll singing "I'm gonna wash that ISP outta my hair".

You could've managed to remove the other two groups but now you're exposing
your ### to a whole new world (HEEHEE). Go ahead, I'll let you.

"hunker down" wrote in message
.. .
On 19 Aug 2004 16:35:09 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

What a bunch of assholes here! MY GOD! What I do with my
radios is MY DAMN BUSINESS. Where do all of you get off flaming
me just because you don't live in Tacoma Washington? I'll be
go to hell if I'm going to take the time out of my day to deal with
shipping 5 old AM radios! You have GOT to be kidding.

I'm in the middle of selling my home, and getting married in a week,
and run a business and I'm trying to deal with all of this all at the
same time, and pulling my hair out dealing with all the things I have
to do in a couple of weeks.

Unbelievable. And you call ME a troll!!

Some of you folks should be ashamed of yourselves.

And did I mention I have had 9 requests for the radios locally? Not
that it is ANY of your damn business. They're going to a good LOCAL
home and I'm done with it. ALL of your addresses have been
'kill filed' - I just expected more from this group.

Dave

WHY THE HELL NOT? This perplexes me. With all the packing services

and
alternate shipping companies in the US of A this always amazes me.
ADVERTISE IT IN THE LOCAL PENNYSAYVER AND NOT A WORLDWIDE FORUM!

Welcome to rec.antiques.radio+phono Dave. Steve Dinius is the group
idiot. If you can ignore him and a few select others it ain't too bad.
There are a few folks that think they own this group. You get used to
them after awhile.

I'm not trying to hide....
Old August 23rd 04, 01:45 AM
No Spam

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:23:00 UTC, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

He's got more issues than that and the email he sent didn't help him either.
He was WAY nastier than any of us and he should go to church or something.
His whole correspondence smelled odd, legit or not.

All over FIVE ++++ING plastic sets? Let the S+++ roll on, pal. Ever hear of
a storage locker?

OKAY. I'm not putting any FS up on RAR+P for the forseeable future because
of road rage from another group's Bull**** nonsense. I doubt your marriage
lasts long either Dave because you are a spazzing twit. An invented one
probably. HOTMAIL. GEEZ.

Dave has issues? I didn't think so. Even before he expanded
on his situation, I saw a guy who was packing up his stuff and
thinking, "gack, do I really want to take these AA5's with me, and
those stripped chassis, and that thing over there too."

Well, I have a shelf unit with old radios on it. SB-303's, an
SX-100, and a Collins 75S-1.

The SX-100 came from a local fellow who, like Dave, issued a
"come get this for FREE or it goes to the landfill" ultimatum. The
next sound was a drag-race start and squealing tires. He hadn't
used it for years, had a new all-band ICOM, and wanted it outa
there. He even helped carry it to my car, and later when I
mentioned that one of the bright disks was missing, made a replica
on his lathe.

It works. I've listened to 75 meter LSB and 40 meter CW with it.

The 75S-1 came from a Silent Key, I paid cash money for it but
nothing like what it would bring on eBay. Similar story, the
word went out for a local pickup, firm price please. I'm gunning my
car, racing to get to the guy's QTH, with an envelope from my coffee
can, cash, twenties.

The fellow tells me the whole story, illness in the family, future
move, near retirement, treating radios with respect and care. I
count out the cash and *he* carries the 75S-1 to my car.

Did I see a tear in his eye as I closed the trunk?

The 75S-1 has some minor problems. I put it on my Tektronix scope
and the 40-40-40 main cap is soft as is the other 40 cap. Your main
cap would be soft too, if you were as old as this radio.

I can bring it to spec with tacked on caps in an hour. I'll be
attempting major surgery, refilling the aluminum can, that might
take a few hours.

It came with the 500 Hz filter, 312B-3, and the original manual. If
I put the filter, speaker, and manual on the Bay, the radio would be
FREE.

If I put this 75S-1 on the Bay, it should set a price record.
It is unmodified, has the rib-S-meter, and are you sitting down,
a TWO DIGIT serial number. This was part of the first run of
75S-1's. I believe that the 75S-1 was the first S-Line.

To a collector, of all the tens, hundreds of thousands of machines
called S-lines, 75S-1, 32S-3A, 30S-1, KWM-2A, 75S-3C, 312B-5, this
is the start, the beginning. The radio world changed when this
radio, and the couple hundred like it, came off the line.

Gotta have happened, Art Collins, the S-Line designers, the VP of
manufacturing, the chief of Quality Control, whoever all those
people are, must have been on the factory floor when Collins built
this specific radio.

Somewhere out there, there are probably 75S-1's with ONE digit
serial numbers. Where is radio #1? Who has it? What about #6?

Guessing that the factory built batches of 100 or 200, this may
actually have been built before one stamped #1.

Whatever.

I ain't selling it. This winter, I'll be fixing up the caps and it
will have a place of honor on my operating position.

de ah6gi/4

om...

Old August 28th 04, 02:27 AM
Sir Cumference

wrote:

A lot of time is being wasted with all of this bull. If you are finshed
using the restroom, wash your hands and go back to class or I'll send you to
the office.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Another post from the village idiot!!!

The village kicked this idiot out a long time ago.

Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM
FS: Old tube sockets, 4, 5, 6, 7 pin, Hammurlund, GR, ceramic, phenolic,matching plugs, extenders Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 10:54 PM
FS: CHEAP Motorola Low Band 42-50 Mhz 60 Watt Mobile Radios Augnut Swap 0 July 9th 03 08:52 PM