Old August 19th 04, 01:18 AM
Dave

Default FS: 5 old tube AM radios cheap

Hi all,

Moving forces sale of restoration projects I'll never get to.
I have 5 old wood-case tube radios - one works four don't.
All are complete, in good condition, and FULLY restorable.
Actually, my brother did in fact restore all of them many years
ago but they fell yet again into disrepair. There's a Minerva
AM, Crosley Fiver, Motorola clock face radio, a Philco, and
one other I can't recall. All are TOTALLY complete with all
tubes and knobs, and ALL cases are in very good condition.

First $50 takes ALL of them - BUT you have to take all, and
you have to pick them up in Tacoma, WA I will GUARANTEE
that they are in every way worth ten bux a radio, hands down.
The Motorola clock radio works. ALL are tube radios of course.

Email if interested. If no takers by Saturday, they're off to
Value Village :-) where they'll end up in the 'glass case' for
God knows how high of insane prices.... that place cracks me up!

I also have an A****er Kent metal (model 45??) radio with tubes,
and a Silvertone metal box radio - make me an offer when you
get here if you want. I have LOTS of other radio stuff, but you MUST
come over to talk about it as I WILL NOT SHIP ANY OF IT.

Dave
devarim at hotmail dot com

Old August 19th 04, 02:30 AM
Paul P

I WILL NOT SHIP ANY OF IT.

Dave
devarim at hotmail dot com

WHY THE HELL NOT? This perplexes me. With all the packing services and
alternate shipping companies in the US of A this always amazes me.
ADVERTISE IT IN THE LOCAL PENNYSAYVER AND NOT A WORLDWIDE FORUM!
--
Troll Paul.

Old August 19th 04, 08:06 AM
Steven Dinius

NO! You are right and I'd have to go back and figure where he was anyway.
Oh, Tacoma. SO??? It's the condescending "take them or I'll dump them
anyway" attitude that gets me. IF he actually reads any of these groups than
he would at least PING Phil Nelson on the other side of the freeway who
could see them and decide if they were of interest or even worth
redistributing to others. It's this DAVE who is the troll. US postal parcel
is filthy cheap to send a CORRECTLY packed AA-5 for less than $25 TOTAL.

news

Old August 19th 04, 08:54 AM
L.

You could try Rec.Antique.Radio+phono or however it is listed. Maybe someone
lurking there lives close by.

Old August 19th 04, 10:35 AM
Steven Dinius

I might email him and ask what is special about his units and for some pics.
Most of my AA-5's of the period mentioned cost me between ONE and 7.50
(those had FM and were from 1951 and 1963). I have some cash but it's geared
toward a set repair payment and a Pioneer SX-737 (1974) to grace my 6
channel audio system since my Heathkit died. But really, I need more plastic
square spartan boxes like a hole in der noggin'.

"Steven Dinius" wrote in message
If he even bothers to follow up, Lou. It's likely a hit and run?

news

Old August 19th 04, 01:00 PM
No Spam

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:06:47 UTC, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

NO! You are right and I'd have to go back and figure where he was anyway.
Oh, Tacoma. SO??? It's the condescending "take them or I'll dump them
anyway" attitude that gets me. IF he actually reads any of these groups than
he would at least PING Phil Nelson on the other side of the freeway who
could see them and decide if they were of interest or even worth
redistributing to others. It's this DAVE who is the troll. US postal parcel
is filthy cheap to send a CORRECTLY packed AA-5 for less than $25 TOTAL.

No.

WHY THE HELL NOT? This perplexes me. With all the packing services and
alternate shipping companies in the US of A this always amazes me.
ADVERTISE IT IN THE LOCAL PENNYSAYVER AND NOT A WORLDWIDE FORUM!
--
Troll Paul.

and no.

Dave said that he is moving. That's enough explanation. I can
imagine why an old radio collector is moving and not taking his
lower value radios with him, health, finances, there are other
possibilities.

When you move, you run out of time to organize, fix, give away, sell
stuff. He seems to be outa time.

You guys still have the mindset that "my time has no value". Get
past that. Your time has value, call it $40/hour. The several
hours that it costs Dave to package and arrange shipping, even using
mailing services, is hundreds of dollars of his time and time that
he doesn't have. He's moving, remember.

He's solved the focussed market problem that you allude to.
He's looking for a radio person within an hour's drive of his place.

Pennysaver gets him people within an hour but most have no interest
in old radios. Call it a one in a hundred thousand hit ratio.

This is a Worldwide forum but it is targeted to old radio people,
better than one in a hundred thousand hit ratio. The proof is in
the comment, "PING Phil Nelson on the other side of the freeway "

Dave spams a list and one of the complainers knows an old radio guy
just down the street? Maybe this "Phil Nelson" will pick up the
stuff and help Dave out.

If so, if Phil is listening, I'll take the SB-303 chassis. I
restore these things and can always use dead SB parts. Hit my page
at www.kiyoinc.com/heathstuff.html I'll cover the shipping and send
Phil five bucks for his time.

de ah6gi/4

Old August 19th 04, 02:05 PM
Steven Dinius

I seriously doubt you are even aware Phil has one of the more prominent
antique radio site on the web then. Might indicate you are in swap as I'm
sure he looks at boatanchors and he has a few. No matter.

Has it been over half a day and it would be thought the OP would respond yet
hasn't? My strongest evidence that he used keywords to commit a hit-and-run.
Like a direct mailer might, only the more outrageous examples are labeled
SPAM. In his case not, however I know I would monitor the groups I posted to
as posters will reply within the groups anyway. 5-7 of 10 those replies are
wasted.

IF he wishes to give Goodwill carte blanche, so be it. I can hope some kid
will get the bug and want better, etc. Auctions, thrift stores are great
places to start a collection and one hopes these folks are our future? Maybe
the thrifts I know will lose the mentality of not handling radios or
computers they picked up during the Microsoft antitrust suit. Our auction
house has been greatly useful to me. Things like Zenith "porthole" b/w sets,
a pre-1951 Motorola AM-FM phono console, early SS radio and tube stereo tape
gear, 70's vintage receivers. I have no use for eBay as there's plenty about
here.

If you really want to contact him, do so through the website you will now
thoroughly enjoy.

http://antiqueradio.org/index.html We try not to give his address directly
to counter SPAM, but you should bookmark it just the same.

Thank you most kindly for your thoughtful opinion.

PS I watched a teenager diagnose and almost manage to repair the
malfunctioning record changer in a 20 yo Rowe-AMI jukebox today. I feel a
lot of hope.

Old August 19th 04, 02:12 PM
Steven Dinius

"Steven Dinius" wrote in message
QUOTE "Our auction house has been greatly useful to me. Things like Zenith
"porthole" b/w sets, a pre-1951 Motorola AM-FM phono console, early SS radio
and tube stereo tape
gear, 70's vintage receivers. I have no use for eBay as there's plenty about
here."

I meant to convey what I see, by all means not what I own. I only wish I had
that TV, but I do have a 1950 Stromberg Carlson 12" chassis without a
cabinet that was a gift. C'est la vie.

Old August 19th 04, 04:02 PM
remove

[...]

Exactly,
When I moved about a year ago I was unemployed due to layoff, hurried
for time, and needed to get rid of nearly my entire radio collection. I
didn't have hours to spend answering questions, packing and weighing
items for shipping cost questions, on and on and on.... I needed all of
it gone with a minimum of hassle. I could have made ~$10K doing it this
way but, with everything else to attend to I decided to haul it all to
Estes and be done with it. I wound up wit $4K, my collection was spread
aroundto other collectors (not dumped or destroyed), and there was a
large hassle I didn't have to deal with during a stressful period.

A few years ago a friend passed away and I was to liquidate his
estate. His radio/electronics/test equipment collection was offered here
for local pickup in my area. Working full time, family, and other
obligations prevented me from selling these things piece by piece. Most
of it went to 3 collectors who had seen the posting.They came, they saw,
they purchased. No hassles. One fellow drove 150 miles and left happy.
There were many inquiries from others around the country who wanted
descriptions, pictures, shipping details, etc and some of these folks
got angry when I told them I would not parse things out and deal with
their requests as I didn't have time.Thats why I stated these things
were for local viewing and pickup!!. Some wanted me to make an exception
just once. There were a lot of requests for "just one" exception. Nobody
offered to take their time to drive or fly to Cleveland to see the
items, they "did't have the time".

Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM
FS: Old tube sockets, 4, 5, 6, 7 pin, Hammurlund, GR, ceramic, phenolic,matching plugs, extenders Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 10:54 PM
FS: CHEAP Motorola Low Band 42-50 Mhz 60 Watt Mobile Radios Augnut Swap 0 July 9th 03 08:52 PM