Old August 31st 04, 03:10 AM
Daphne + Dave

Default Grounding Problem on Switch?

Have a prob with a 3-way switch on a radio. Seems when I turn-it a produces
a awefull "sratchy" sound. Used a ton contact cleaner already.
When I touch it, seems to fade...grounding prob? Tried a wire to a gounding
point, still not all gone. Can this be fixed or new switch? dave

Old August 31st 04, 04:28 AM
Ed

Have a prob with a 3-way switch on a radio. Seems when I turn-it a
produces a awefull "sratchy" sound. Used a ton contact cleaner
already. When I touch it, seems to fade...grounding prob? Tried a
wire to a gounding point, still not all gone. Can this be fixed or
new switch? dave

I really don't know what you are talking about when you say you have a
"3-way switch" on that radio. But regardless, it does sound like either
some kind of grounding issue, or possibly an antenna grounding issue. Sure
need more info on what you have there before making a better guess.

Ed K7AAT

Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 03:47 AM
RFI Problem With Lamp FAZAMY Homebrew 8 May 1st 04 06:02 PM
RFI Problem With Lamp FAZAMY Homebrew 0 April 27th 04 02:14 PM
Shortwave random-wire antenna question Dave Shortwave 88 April 23rd 04 03:27 PM
National NCX-5 transmit/receive offset problem Chris Equipment 0 July 17th 03 05:29 PM