Old February 16th 05, 09:19 PM
Ted Hazell

"James King" wrote in message newspsl8nwpaa2sj4v0@dad...
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:34:32 -0500, Dee Flint
wrote:

I've never operated satellite and never intend to and have no interest

in
ever doing so. Yet I had to answer questions on it. Do I think it
should
be taken out of the test? No, because it is something allowed by my
privileges.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Please demonstrate your knowledge of Sat - data - sctv abilities. For your
license that is. not just a passing knowledge in the topic but send and
receive a 1 minute transmission of each.

CW has its place in amateur radio... in history.

When code was the primary means of transmitting a message, demonstrating
your skill prior to getting your lic. was a great idea.

That time has passed.

As far as I know, no bandwidth has been off-limits to CW. Makes me wonder
at what your rail about.

I use only morse on H.F.Because that is my preference , but that does not
mean I insist on everyone using it.
If you don't like it, or cannot achieve the necessary standard then please
let us who want to, use it in peace.
Have you any idea how many stations using morse can get in the same space as
one voice tx ?
It saves a lot of space that would not be available if we all used voice.
Thanks for listening.
TED

Old February 18th 05, 01:32 AM
stephen quigg

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:57:36 +0000, ZZZPK wrote:

"Matt" wrote:

: Ahhhhhh, yes of course and the retention of CW will keep the riff raff out
: won't it!!
yes it has ..and WILL continue to do so..

it requires effort to pass.

Hmmm. Australia dropped the morse requirement on Jan 1 2004 and the hordes
of "riff raff" never arrived! On-air behaviour is as always, with good or
bad not being tied to whether someone "did the test".

and once you put the effort in,, you will value the licence more.

Agree completely.

those who lose hf access have further to fall (more to lose)

Not sure where this is comming from. However my take on the whole issue is
that testing should be relevant to operator privilege. So, and this is by
way of EXAMPLE ONLY....

A basic test for all amateurs that gives basic privileges on some bands,
with limited power and type approved equipment.

Then you go for extra things, like

Higher power.
More bands.
Certification to use homebuilt/modified transmitters
etc, etc.

This would mean
1. Attaining "full" privilages would actually be HARDER than now.
2. Testing is RELEVANT to what the operator wants to do and is
demonstrably technically able to do.

....AND....
in the spirit of the above, you COULD have a morse test to use certain
parts of the spectrum for morse (and would of course be expected to
operate there according to an agreed minimum standard). Mind you, I think
this would be opening Pandora's Box whereby there might be a stampede to
grab slices of spectrum exclusively for EVERY MODE POSSIBLE!!!!

Bottom line. There's enough room for everyone to do their thing. Testing
should demonstrate that they are capable of doing it competently.

--
Stephen Quigg
VK2TUM

Old March 19th 05, 02:49 AM
Paw-Paw

"ZZZPK" .es.it.net wrote
in message ...
Jim - NN7K wrote:

: Hey, lets get rid of the WRITTEN test, too- too much work!
: and just WHY should an obsolete agency of the Federal Government
: have all the fun assigning callsigns ?? 10-4 good buddy ??
: NN7K

exactly!

i have no interest in doing the pilots test..but all i want is a liitle
piece of the airspace at 5000ft to do some simple flying with radio beside
me!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..why wont they give me my pilots licence

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... they say i have to do an exam or two....

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If all you want do do is Fly Experimental- No license required- have a Ball
:-)

Where did you come up with an exam for that?

Old May 4th 05, 06:34 PM
sbcmynews

I used musicstacker to automatically play and record music that I got from
Napstar and iTune. You can get a copy from www.musicstacker.com

These are the steps.

(1) Install and run musicstacker

(2) Select the source directory; this is where you have your, music files,
iTune, or Napster downloaded files.

(3) Select the destination directory.

(4) Select the music that you want to record. Click "Play and Record".

(5) When the music finish playing then you can use the file in the
destination directory with any iPud, MP3 player, or Burn It to Disk.

Or go to www.musicstacker.com for more info and a copy