Old December 10th 05, 08:54 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
jjj

Default re-entering ham radio

They have dummied down the ham license so the venders like Icom can
sell more radios. After 30 years I feel ham radio is now a waste of
time.

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:42:28 -0500, Dana wrote:

You don't hear anyone talking about building equipment anymore for sure.

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, dontspam wrote:

Sure you hear lots of signals on the bands. Appliance operators and
cb'ers.

On 1 Dec 2005 15:05:32 GMT, (Chuck
Sherwood) wrote:

I would foget ham radio. It is on the way out.
Get some woodworking tools.

That is what they said 10 years ago..
I still hear signals on the bands so at least somebody
is xmitting...

I don't particularly like woodworking.

chuck

Old December 10th 05, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
The Magnum

"2Test Woger" wrote in message

"Dana" wrote in message
x.com...
You don't hear anyone talking about building equipment anymore for

sure.

Duhhhhhhhhhh, you haven't seen an amateur radio exam in the
last 35 years that requires technical competence to pass.
And you can thank the FCC & ARRL for that and the present
state of ham radio.

FCC & ARRL - Partners in the Culture of Corruption

Sorry but I completely disagree with you. There is absolutely nothing
stopping anyone who wants to build and use their own kit or to talk about it
or suchlike and to advance themselves in the field of radio communications.
The interest in this part is just not there like it was in the past so if
the licence conditions had not changed then Amateur would be dead in the
water.
Making the exam technical to the extreme of sitting a practical exam and
designing and building your own kit, and of course the other argument of
Morse set at at least 25+ WPM wouldn't have encouraged more people into the
Hobby, it would have killed it. You may disagree and be indignant of the new
breed of Amateur and those who just use it to **** about would be using it
anyhow, licence or not but you have to move on. The irresponsible users have
been there for decades, not since the lowering of licence conditions.
Its like investing in a shoe shine business. Back in the 50's and 60's you
would have had a thriving business... but times have changed.. shoes have
changed... how many shoe shine businesses have survived? I don't know of
any. They moved on, stayed in the same line of business and now sell shoes
or "sneakers" rather than try to clean them. Things change and you have to
move on.
Its easy to blame others for Amateurs "Decline" but there is still the top
level licence for those with the interest to go all the way and there is
nothing to stop experienced Amateurs to encourage and help their
"underlings" develop as many do. Sitting back and moaning about how others
have let it decline while doing nothing themselves to help the situation is
pure laziness.
Another analogy is you don't have to pass an HGV licence and drive a huge
truck just to drive on the roads (god bless the truckers ;o)

Regards,
Graham

--
_._. _... ._. ._ _.. .. _ _ _

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73's - Graham (www.open-channel.co.uk)

Old December 10th 05, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
2Test Woger

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Old December 10th 05, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
The Magnum

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Typical Arrogance Syndrome......... but at least when you snipped you cut
out your own whining drivel

--
_._. _... ._. ._ _.. .. _ _ _

Old December 10th 05, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
2Test Woger

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Typical Arrogance Syndrome......... but at least when you

////////FLUSHED//////////

Old December 10th 05, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
The Magnum

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Typical Arrogance Syndrome......... but at least when you

////////FLUSHED//////////

Flushed by a cretin................. oh dear how upset am i.....

Old December 10th 05, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
2Test Woger

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Typical Arrogance Syndrome......... but at least when you

////////FLUSHED//////////

Flushed by a cretin................. oh dear how upset am i.....

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old December 10th 05, 03:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
The Magnum

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Typical Arrogance Syndrome......... but at least when you
////////FLUSHED//////////

Flushed by a cretin................. oh dear how upset am i.....

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh right, you lied about flushing me.... then you act childish..

I make a perfectly valid point in reply to a posting of yours and you
immediately come back with a childish reply as I don't agree with you. This
just goes to show the level of person you are. You bleat on about the
decline of Amateur radio blasting the authorities that be then, when someone
doesn't massage your ego in their reply, you lose control and act like this.

No need to go on is there really.

Regards,
Graham

--
_._. _... ._. ._ _.. .. _ _ _

Old December 10th 05, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Ham

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Sorry but I completely disagree////drivel snipped/////

Classic denial syndrome.

Typical Arrogance Syndrome......... but at least when you

Flushed by a cretin................. oh dear how upset am i.....

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh right, you lied about flushing me//////flush//////

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH