Old January 23rd 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
IFR_Doctor

Default IFR 1200S or 500 Buy Sell Repair

I buy, sale, repair, sell parts, buy parts, make parts and everything
else for IFR 1200 and 500 Service monitors. Visit my webpage
kgelectronics.com or give me a call for the best prices and service
that is second to none. (316) 773-0948 (316) 992-4441 Cell anytime

Old January 23rd 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Bret Ludwig

Are you ex-IFR? Are you the guy whose callsign turns on all the
functions in the COM-120B?

Old January 24th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ed

I buy, sale, repair, sell parts, buy parts, make parts and everything
else for IFR 1200 and 500 Service monitors. Visit my webpage
kgelectronics.com or give me a call for the best prices and service
that is second to none. (316) 773-0948 (316) 992-4441 Cell anytime

Looking for business? Last time I checked you were up to your ears!

( For others, here, this guy is great. He did a super job on my IFR
500A a couple years ago at a very reasonable price. )

Ed K7AAT

Old January 24th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Bret Ludwig

It just astonishes me no one has cloned or offers third party upgrades
for these things. Like internal paging decode, an IF output, and maybe
even a LCD based replacement for the scope module. On second thought,
it isn't the scope module that gives trouble as much as the back three
spec an modules, which drift like a dead whale and generate a lot of
heat. If they could replace them with a three-chip modern _one_ with
some stability and get rid of the ECL-packed high loop they could cut
the thermal budget in half....to say nothing of battery life.

Also I'm not sure fixing old style power supplies is a good thing.
When they go nuts they cook every piece of TTL in the box! At least add
crowbar protection.

Old April 9th 10, 06:25 PM
Junior Member

Buy/Sell/Repair its important to pick the right place. This guy was in the Navy so he is trustworthy and fast.