Old June 9th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Tom Ring

Default Give up CB for ham?

clfe wrote:

Not really, but I'm not in a mood to argue about stupid **** - anymore.
Actually, I could care less. My ham days are few and far in between due to
all the ass holes on there ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe you're
right.......... the code really didn't keep the crud off the radios. Hell,
why even have a test at all.

Time to hang up your ticket I guess. We are all assholes, and you are
the only "true ham radio operator" left. Go play with yourself.

tom
K0TAR
Old June 9th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Tom Ring

clfe wrote:

Not really, but I'm not in a mood to argue about stupid **** - anymore.
Actually, I could care less. My ham days are few and far in between due to
all the ass holes on there ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe you're
right.......... the code really didn't keep the crud off the radios. Hell,
why even have a test at all.

And at least we admit who we are. You, on the other hand, are hiding.
You are likely just a frigging troll that isn't even licensed.

tom
K0TAR

Old June 9th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Ed

Give up CB for Ham.....what the hell would you be giving up?
Old June 9th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
clfe

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
clfe wrote:

Not really, but I'm not in a mood to argue about stupid **** - anymore.
Actually, I could care less. My ham days are few and far in between due
to all the ass holes on there ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe you're
right.......... the code really didn't keep the crud off the radios.
Hell, why even have a test at all.

Time to hang up your ticket I guess. We are all assholes, and you are the
only "true ham radio operator" left. Go play with yourself.

tom
K0TAR

Nah, not all of "us" or "you" in the case of your statement. I'm just saying
a lot of crap is going on - on the bands today and its not worth even
earning a ticket for - anymore. Ham radio and yes, even CB - used to be
respectable at one time. How times change. Its hardly worth turning on the
radio anymore. Especially on say 10 and 80 meters. But back to "your"
statement, there are still "many" decent operators on both the Ham AND CB
bands - out there. Ya just got to pick through the rubble to find them
sometimes.

And NO, I"m not the "ONLY" "TRUE" Operator left........ Don't put words in
my mouth, I certainly didn't place myself on any pedestal. Again - there are
LOTS of decent operators out there. I didn't say "ALL" were bad - but there
are - you have to admit - quite a few bad ones. Its gotten worse in the past
few years.

Old June 9th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
clfe

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
clfe wrote:

Not really, but I'm not in a mood to argue about stupid **** - anymore.
Actually, I could care less. My ham days are few and far in between due
to all the ass holes on there ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe you're
right.......... the code really didn't keep the crud off the radios.
Hell, why even have a test at all.

And at least we admit who we are. You, on the other hand, are hiding. You
are likely just a frigging troll that isn't even licensed.

tom
K0TAR

I don't sign with my call. Some like to - that is their choice. But even if
they didn't - wouldn't give me any reason to doubt them being licensed.
"Posting" a call sign doesn't prove a thing. "I" for one - am NOT going to
go running to the FCC database to check your call or any other to see if it
is legit. I don't care........

Old June 11th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap

clfe wrote:
"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
clfe wrote:

And at least we admit who we are. You, on the other hand, are hiding. You
are likely just a frigging troll that isn't even licensed.

tom
K0TAR

I don't sign with my call. Some like to - that is their choice. But even if
they didn't - wouldn't give me any reason to doubt them being licensed.
"Posting" a call sign doesn't prove a thing. "I" for one - am NOT going to
go running to the FCC database to check your call or any other to see if it
is legit. I don't care........

OTOH there are those that do indeed run the database everytie they see
a call Robeson (k4yz) is one and a real ass about ti too