Old August 13th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that persondie?

Al Klein wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Here's the crux of your communications problem. From Webster's:

"The absolutely worst source of the definition of a technical term is
a non-technical dictionary.

"Memorize" is NOT a technical word. Please get
back to us when you have talked the IEEE into
putting your special definition of "memorize"
into their technical dictionary.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old August 13th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
L. L. is offline

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
t...
L. wrote:
I have a ton of books in my reach too - so whats your point?

If you are ambitious enough to already possess the knowledge,
you don't need the books. I am too lazy to try to possess all
knowledge so I need the books. Not having to memorize all
knowledge frees up my mind for creative thought.

And as for "Hitler" claiming that - as you said about his admiration for
a brilliant lazy man - eh......... last I heard - the man was a fruit
cake, lost the war, cost thousands of lives, innocent ones at that - and
ended up committing suicide - WHAT A LOSER. And I would want to follow
his examples/principles - why?

The statements that I quoted were from a WWI German military
leader probably uttered while Hitler was still a private or
corporal. Why do you have to try to misrepresent what I said?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

OK, so maybe I misrepresented your quote "by accident" - big deal. HITLER
was still a loser as was/is ANY ONE who bought/buys into that STUPID
philosophy you spoke of. Pretty damned sad when you - speaking of ANYONE it
applies to - are too "lazy" to "learn". That is almost laughable. Creative
thinking - without knowledge? Surely you jest!

I'm done arguing with someone who is "too" lazy to "learn". I'd prefer to
talk to those who have "intelligence" to refer to - to stimulate the
conversation. Good luck in your monologue.

L.

Old August 13th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Al Klein wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Laziness allows one to achieve a goal by the most efficient
route. Some famous German military leader said he would
lots rather have brilliant and lazy officers than ambitious
and stupid ones.

As I recall, he was also known as one of the most idiotic strategists
the species has ever produced. His "fame" didn't stop him from being
the almost single-handed reason his country lost its big war, did it?

This was a WWI German officer and I don't recall his name.
Why do you think he was an idiotic strategist? Why do you
think he single-handedly lost WWI? If you know so much about
him, what was his name?

Being both intelligent and ambitious doesn't appear on your radar?

The pride, lust, and greed usually accompanying ambition are
a good percentage of the seven deadly sins.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old August 13th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

L. wrote:
[...]

it shows that you are ignorant of what you are tlaking about
HITLER
was still a loser as was/is ANY ONE who bought/buys into that STUPID
philosophy you spoke of.

base effort t atr anyone that believes something you don't as a Nazi
Pretty damned sad when you - speaking of ANYONE it
applies to - are too "lazy" to "learn". That is almost laughable. Creative
thinking - without knowledge? Surely you jest!

without occopiing ones mind by consdiering triva

I'm done arguing with someone who is "too" lazy to "learn". I'd prefer to
talk to those who have "intelligence" to refer to - to stimulate the
conversation. Good luck in your monologue.

hardly a monlogou why do you misrepresent the state of reality

L.

Old August 13th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

L. wrote:
THIS WHOLE FREAKING ARGUMENT IS - STUPID.

Yes, now you are getting it. I remember when hams like you
were trying to keep the single-sidewinders off the air in
the 1950's.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old August 13th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

L. wrote:
I'm done arguing with someone who is "too" lazy to "learn". I'd prefer to
talk to those who have "intelligence" to refer to - to stimulate the
conversation.

My MENSA membership number is 1006281.
What's your MENSA membership number?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old August 13th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Brenda Ann wrote:
Some
advanced appliance operators know enough to connect other peripheral devices
such as digital mode devices or power amplifiers, but do not know how these
devices work, nor how to construct such devices.

An amateur radio license is an entry level license. It is
not a university degree. When I obtained all amateur privileges
at the age of 15, I didn't know squat. All I had done is memorize
the ARRL License Manual. Six years later I had a EE degree. What
is wrong with learning the technical stuff after one obtains his
entry level license?

Do you know how to construct an IC-756PROII?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old August 13th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
How did capacitors escape getting color coded?

They didn't. I still have boxes of silver mica caps
that use essentially the same color code as resistors.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp