Old December 16th 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

Default Is it legal to drive through Burger King drive-thru with safetylights installed in/on your car???

This might sound like a joke, but it isn't.

You know those back up safety lights they sell to install in and on
your car that uses the frequencies in the
ham bands?

However, Burger King has signs up saying "no videorecording or
photography allowed" and that "violators will be
prosecuted".

So with that sign, Burger King is telling all of us that it is against
the law to have safety lights on your car
because it violates Buger King's rules.

They seem as bad or maybe even worse than Palmdale, California.

But you all just KNOW that sometime somewhere some city will pass a
law requiring you to have those
safety backup lights on your car.

Whch also poses a problem in federal areas where they say "no cameras
allowed" and no photography" allowed
since it's NOT easy and is actually a pain to keep uninstalling them
and reinstalling them.

Such as if your city passes a law requiring them and you have to drive
to your local social security office for
some reaon, where they're prohibited by law.

Maybeit's an old retired ham or old retired cber.

To follow th law you must break the law. That is

To follow the law of no cameras permitted anywhere on social security/
federal property, you must remove them
BEFORE you get your car on that property, but by doing so, you are
breaking your city's law by not having
them on your car while on city property off of federal property.

But following the law to have them on your car on city property means
you must have them on your car
until your car is completely off of city property which means until
AFTER par of your car is on federal property
and you're now in violation of federal law prohibiting cameras on
federal property.

And who is Burger King to tell me that I'm not allowed to have safety
lights on my car???????

yeah, some smart aleck is probably wanting to answer, "Well, he is the
king."

Not in the U.S., he isn't.

Seriously, in my opinion, the Burger King company,corporation,
whatever they are, has NO business telling
me that I MUST drive more dangerously.

And that I MUST risk running over kids that are too small to see
behind my car with the mirrors while backing up.

Or their pets.

Who is Burger /king to tell me that I HAVE to run over innocent little
kids because having transmitting safety backup lights on my car
violates Burger King's rules against "no cameras, no photograhy, and
no videorecording?????

Guess what? With those safety backup lights transmitting on the ham
bands, even if I don't do any videorecording, you just KNOW that
there's probably going to be some ham somewhere in his own house
watching it and videorecording it from his own house.

Maybe even several hams at their own homes videorecording the
transmissions from the safety backup lights.

So take that, Burger King.

Of course, with their sign, they have already threatened to call the
police and prosecute anyone they catch with
any kind of camera on their property.

Once, even while inside Burger King, the manager came up to me and
told me to get rid of my "camera" that
I had because it's against the law and not allowed inside there.

Until I then showed him that my so-called "camera" was NOT a "camera"
at all, but an Icom IC-R3 tv set.

Yes, the idiot BK manager thought my Icom IC-R3 radio/tv reciever was
a "camera".

Old December 16th 08, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

Default and some other things to Burger King

Besides having signs up saying videotaping and photography are
prohibited, Burger King also has signs up saying they have security
cameras up (Well a leastsome of them do).

So Burger King has a double standard.

So here's some other things to Burger King.

Those car safety back up lights don't just transmit on one channel,
but do simultaneously transmit on all four part 15 channels, two of
which are ham
channels.

And not only can hams pick up all four channels, but other people who
are not hams can also pick up all four channls if they want to and buy
the
right equipment to do so.

And maybe I shouldn't tell them this, but your own security cameras
Burger King uses can probably also be picked up by hams in their own
homes
and by other people in their own homes who are not hams.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

So take that, Burger King.

Old December 16th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

On Dec 16, 3:09*am, radioguy wrote:
[...]

Are you kidding me rADIOGUY??????? Ham dpesnt get radio!!!!!! but it
IS DELICIOUS!
Old December 17th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

Are you kidding me rADIOGUY??????? Ham dpesnt get radio!!!!!! but it
IS DELICIOUS!- Hide quoted text -

Well, that's true. Someone else told me they are "pork chop
radios".

Old December 17th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

On Dec 16, 2:24*am, radioguy wrote:

However, Burger King has signs up saying "no videorecording or
photography allowed" and that "violators will be
prosecuted".

That was done by BK as a result of teenagers videotaping pranks at the
drive-thru and elsewhere in the resturant and later posting the same
on Youtube. Not so much for copyright infringement but more to prevent
clownish young adults from pranking with cellphone cameras and the
like. expect the rest of the fast food eateries to follow suit. They
could care less about any arcane "technical aspects" concerning the
(same) rule. Just don't let 'em know what it is and they'll just think
you're a fireman or an EMT and your ham radio HT is a "portable".

Old December 17th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

On Dec 17, 12:16*am, 807breath wrote:
On Dec 16, 2:24*am, radioguy wrote:

However, Burger King has signs up saying "no videorecording or
photography allowed" and that "violators will be
prosecuted".

That was done by BK as a result of teenagers videotaping pranks at the
drive-thru and elsewhere in the resturant and later posting the same
on Youtube. Not so much for copyright infringement but more to prevent
clownish young adults from pranking with cellphone cameras and the
like. expect the rest of the fast food eateries to follow suit.

So what's to prevent me from pranking them? Just today I saw some
other backup lighs for sale, but this one with a honking big huge
monitor.

Maybe I'll get it just to p.o. Burger King.

And drive through there where they won't be able to help but notice
the picture showing them theirselves.

So hams, get out your ham video monitors, and cbers and everyone else,
get out your part 15 video monitors. It's probably going to be a real
show.

Of course after that, they probably won't let me back on their
property. But who cares? That would be worth it. I agree with the
poster who said
Wendy's makes better hamburgers.

They
could care less about any arcane "technical aspects" concerning the
(same) rule. Just don't let 'em know what it is and they'll just think
you're a fireman or an EMT and your ham radio HT is a "portable".

I was originally going to agree with you. but then I thought no they
probably won't think that. After all, the idiots already thought that
my Icom IC-R3
RADIO WAS A CAMERA that I WAS taking pictures with!!!!

They "seen" me "taking pictures" with it.

I still wonder how since that radio does NOT take pictures.

And since I was NOT taking pictures with it.

Not even acting like I was. Just sitting there listening to it.

Yet plenty of other people use radios in there without any problems
that I know of.

Who knows what boneheaded ideas they would think or come up with about
safety lights?

they might think I'm a fireman or emt like you said. However, after
them seeing me take pictures with a RADIO that does NOT take pictures,
I very much doubt that they are that smart.

Firemen and emt probably won't even cross their mind.

It will probably more than likely be some boneheaded idea that sane
people never thought of.

Old December 17th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

And if the honking big huge monitor showing them theirselves doesn't
get them P.O.ed, it will probably at least freak them out.

Especially if they can't find the transmitting camera anywhere.

After all, they must not be vey smart since they thought a RADIO WAS A
CAMERA.

And if any hams or cbers or anyone else records it,

Then we'll all have another "Whopper Freakout" video to post on you
tube.

hahahahahahahaha.

Old December 17th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

A better prank just thought of.

Go next door off of BK prroperty, and videorecord them from inside the
building next door or from outside the building next door.

After all, you won't be on BK property while doing it so you can
videorecord if it's your house or the house of a friend of yours.

Then drive through there with a car without saafety lights installed,
but a video of what you recorded of them earlier.

They'll probably really freak out. You won't get a video of them
freaking out this way, but they also WON'T find a camera ANYWHERE in
this case.

No matter how hard they try.

Ooopsss! Never mind.

this idea won't work. The problem with this idea is that

they will think and say that your am/fm car radio IS a camera. And
they seen you taking pictures with it.

Or that your ham radio IS a camera. And they seen you take pictures
with it.

Or that your CB radio IS a camera. And they seen you taking pictures
with it.

If it's a radio, then it IS a camera as far as BK is concerned.

Just like they already told me that my radio IS a camera.

that they seen me "taking pictures with"

Ha!!!

Old December 17th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography,alt.revenge

On Dec 17, 2:36*am, radioguy wrote:
[...]

radioguy, meet Chris Tsao. Chris this is radioguy. I trust you two
will have much to talk about.
Old December 18th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography

On Dec 17, 12:36 am, radioguy wrote:
[...]

Is is so important that you go to Burger King? Aren't there other junk
food places in your town?

Is it legal to drive through Burger King drive-thru with safetylights installed in/on your car??? radioguy Scanner 28 December 30th 08 09:39 PM
Christmas Drive for DAB Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 December 2nd 04 05:57 PM
FS: SYQUEST 1.0 GHZ DRIVE. DAVID Swap 0 February 19th 04 03:00 AM
Valiant "Drive Pot" JC Quinn Boatanchors 2 September 22nd 03 11:45 PM